Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Damsel as a series on Amazon.

The damsel is gone, and in her place is a force to be reckoned with.
rawhite
Early Reader

Damsel as a series on Amazon.

Unread postby rawhite » Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:09 pm

No idea how this kind of thing works, but Damsel is listed in the Kindle store as a series of one book. Damsel 2 is not included. (At least for me)

Somehow "Slaying Demons" isn't linked? Seems relevant with the next book imminent.

Cheers,
--Bob

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Damsel as a series on Amazon.

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:55 am

I'll check on that. If I did things right, then I can't really fix it.

If I did it wrong, then I should be able to do something. At least in theory.

rawhite
Early Reader

Unread postby rawhite » Thu Apr 01, 2021 10:25 am

If you're looking at that kind of stuff anyway, know that on Amazon, "Once a Demon" is a series of two books. It does not include what I think is the third book, "As Evil Does."

Cheers,
--Bob

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Fri Apr 02, 2021 8:04 am

Hey Bob,

Series complications are a known issue for both Amazon and Goodreads, so we made a list of the known issues as a spreadsheet graphic a number of years ago. It’s been hiding in the Admin area for a while now, but since you’ve shown an interest in the series pages, I thought I’d pull them out to share with the class.

The last update was in August of last year, but I’ll try to update again this weekend. Once the update is completed, feel free to pass on any new series concerns to me via PM.

viewforum.php?f=50

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Apr 02, 2021 11:21 am

Amazon made it easier to manage series recently. An extra step in the publication process that ensures it's added to the right series, and so no mistakes can be made. Not sure about Goodreads, I've never had an issue there. At the same time, I bet the new series system being introduced played a little havoc with the older titles.

But it shouldn't be a hard fix. Just time consuming.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Tue Apr 06, 2021 1:27 pm

Left a review this morning:)

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:24 pm

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Leo
Early Reader

Unread postby Leo » Thu Apr 08, 2021 3:27 am

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but the copy of Slaying Demons Dale mailed to me has 'Damsel #1' in the title. That might mess up the process.
Leo

Clarification: That's in the metadata of the epub.
<dc:title>Slaying Demons (Damsel, #1)</dc:title>

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Damsel”