Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Patriot Smith:The Book

"Patriot Smith" isn't about fighting against the Black Masks. It's about winning against tyranny.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Patriot Smith:The Book

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Apr 16, 2018 4:21 pm

Just finished the book, it took two settings, but I had to sleep... This was a good book, Dale. Main stream fiction agrees with you. I hope it gets exposure. I'm going to try to get it out as best I can... but limited resourses, you know. You now have two open ended main stream books you can expound on. Don't forget about "Greasepaint". Not to say any of the others are sub-standard. Just that these two are as good as any I've read on the top ten, at least lately. Good work and good luck. And thanks,I needed that

P.S. I'll be putting up my review as soon as I can compose one befitting this excellent book..

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Patriot Smith:The Book

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Apr 17, 2018 2:45 am

I honestly enjoy writing wacky, out there sci-fi and fantasy pieces...

Even if I think that I tend to do a better job with mainstream fiction for some reason. The trick, and there is one, since life is full of them, is simply that when I want to make a real point, it has to be done correctly.

The tales that need to be told most don't always work if they're too fantastical.

Thanks by the way. I really appreciate the feedback.

willallen1
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby willallen1 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:23 am

Dale, I echo what Ron said. I read Patriot Smith on the plane the day it came out. I planned to sleep but Sebastien just sucked me right into this world. Please continue this series. It has a ton of potential and should net you new readers. Also, might consider dropping it into Dystopian or Post-Apoc category, as I know fans I those genres are voracious readers, and the subject matter certainly applies. I enjoyed this book so much I even recommended it to some of my coworkers, and that never happens. This required me to crawl out of my shell and interact with people in person-ugh, I hate that.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:26 pm

Good idea. I switched the categories. Dystopian and Political. Instead of general and literary...

That does sound like a better fit. Lets see if it helps? (It won't harm anything, that's for certain!)

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:28 pm

I’m REALLY ready for book 2 in this series. Seems kind of appropriate for the times, and because it was so interesting and entertaining!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Mar 22, 2020 4:45 pm

I've put it off, because it ended on a virus being released... I could do it anyway, however... Is that a thing people don't mind reading about right now?

Hondamax
Early Reader

Unread postby Hondamax » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:00 am

I don't think people would be put off by a virus story, particularly as you'd already initiated that subject before all this really got started. I too would be ready for a Patriot Smith 2 book ...

Gary F. York
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Gary F. York » Tue Mar 31, 2020 8:47 am

I too have long awaited the next Patriot Smith book. Yet I would advise you to hold off on it (or eliminate the virus plot if that can be done easily.) Best not portray yourself as one amongst the many who will jump on the virus plot bandwagon. I'd suggest you delay at least a year or two until the wave of 'me too'ers' has diminished. :(
G.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Mar 31, 2020 4:57 pm

That can't be sensibly eliminated from that story-line.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Patriot Smith”