Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Rewrite and re-release of the first six Young Ancient books.

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: Rewrite and re-release of the first six Young Ancient books.

Unread postby MarciaA » Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:24 pm

I’m certainly enjoying the proofreads! This has always been my favorite series. Heh, when my oldest grandson insisted I had to put Pokémon go on my phone, my character name is YoungAncient. :)
It’s bothered me too the complaints of typos, so I’m glad they will be cleaner and revamped so more people will give them a chance. I bet many missed out on an awesome series because of a few complaints. Fingers crossed!!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Jun 04, 2019 7:41 pm

The new edits/rewrites have made the books better.

*I did not add any "Han shot first" silliness, however. The stories needed to stay consistent. They are more so now, not less. I DID had some foreshadowing that wasn't there before, in places. Nothing to big.

The tone has shifted a little bit. (Without changing the Story.) Tor seems a little less "golly gee" and a bit more intelligent, even when he doesn't get obvious things...

I'd say, given everything that these are worth getting and reading (or at least borrowing to read) but the series still makes perfect sense if you want to skip that.

Hopefully this will get new readers involved. Fingers crossed!

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Sat Jun 08, 2019 7:14 pm

Dale, are you releasing the revisions in omnibus form? That would be sweet. That's how I got into your books to begin with (omnibuses from The Infected, YA, and [much later] Dead End). Given the volume of your work, it provides great value while leaving a lot of room to continue as a new reader.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:05 am

There will be two books for that. 1-3 and 4-6, obviously.

The cost will come down to .99 cents each, saving the reader one whole penny over the current 1-6 book!

*I don't get paid for the last third of the book the way it is. Amazon.com forces the $1.99 price due to the file size.

So, yes, that will be in there as well.
Notice: ALL of the old material will be taken down a day in advance of those books going up! I'm hoping to do that next week or so, but am still waiting on covers (ALL new covers!) and edits. (Which are needed, even after the rewrite. Thanks to everyone helping with that!)

I'll be telling everyone here when those are going up. There will be a slightly new name for them...

The Young Ancients: Author's Edition Book One (Or what have you)

Builder

That means I have to start all over on reviews, which isn't a bad thing. Hopefully people will like it and not find it to be cheating or something like that.

On the great side, if it works, they should show up as new releases, which might bring in new readership, if there are six (eight really) new books coming up at once time.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:40 am

So Dale, since I don't really understand, if I go into the books I've already bought and have stored in the cloud, will i be reading the "original" edition or the "authors" edition? If I buy the new "author's" edition will the one in my library automatically update or will I have two separate books? Oh, the workings of modern digital publishing! I'm just getting too old. (Sigh.)

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Gary F. York
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Gary F. York » Mon Jun 10, 2019 8:20 am

:) Confession. After reading here about the rewrite, I saw that the first six books were on sale together (maybe from the British Amazon site.) Bought it. Was -- kinda amazed about all the -- typos and such, especially in book 2. :(

I think I will put the 'reread' on hold for a bit.

G.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:50 am

Ronald: Okay, if all goes well and I do this right, then the old series will be taken down, but you will still have copies of it.

Then, new books will go up. (All for .99 cents, since that's the cheapest Amazon.come allows me to sell at.)

Those will have slightly new titles, with Author's Edition on them and in the title lines. As well as marked as such inside.

You do NOT have to read the new ones for the story to make sense. They have much better editing. (Thanks everyone that helped with that!) and a smoother writing style, as well as some minor character changes, some added background color and easter eggs for people that have already read them... (Because, please get my new version of the books, if possible? Even if you just store them away, that really helps, as long as it's a buy. On the other hand, reading them is important if you borrow them on KU. I know a lot of people love that service, but it requires those page reads to count!)

Hopefully, they will be new and sharp enough, with sparkling new covers (or at least different ones that the artist who did the originals said are coming out much better, now that she has some experience under her belt...) and a smoother flow in the reading.

As for the older books and the typos...

Yes. that's one of the reasons that I haven't really done much with some of the older works, like I mentioned. It's kind of embarrassing really. I think I've learned a bit and can do a better job now. I tried not to change things in a world wrecking fashion. Han shoots at the same time and the federal agents still have guns when they go after E.T.

That said... These are significantly improved. If the audience is receptive, then I will, over the next year or so, redo all the early books that way. (Or in other ways... I really want to take a crack at the early Keeley works, for instance.)

I will ALSO have new books coming out! This is about improving the brand, not boring people that bothered to stick with me and the characters all this time!

Fingers crossed that this works? Otherwise, I'm probably going to have to find a new job soon...

:(
Eeep!

So, yes, this will work! Somehow.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:30 pm

Yep, I'd appreciate the third Keeley in the current series.

Also sorry I didn't proofread for this, but I will be buying the new additions and reading them, possibly with KU first so you net more than thirty cents. It's been a while since I read them, and I'm looking forward to it.

I'm in my manic writing fifteen K a day phase, which usually comes right before I crash and need a vacation, and I just don't have time to even eat right now.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:34 pm

I replied in the lounge, don't want to hijack the thread.

If anyone read me and I suck, don't tell me ;) LOL

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”