Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Mirror Man book two updates and running commentary!

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
PS Power
Site Admin

Mirror Man book two updates and running commentary!

Unread postby PS Power » Tue May 22, 2018 11:08 pm

Day four of writing. Up to 30,000 words, which is about 30% done.

So far I have avoided any controversial themes. Just because they haven't come up. There will be stuff about corrupt governments, child slavery and cannibalism, but it hasn't come up yet.

They are spending way too much time in Noram. Sigh. It really is the place that they need to be to start with. Tomorrow I'll be getting into the mission they have been preparing for, which will lead to darker things.

*If anyone complains about my strong anti-canibal stance I WILL go after them in public. There are some things that I just won't allow as a positive in life. Murder might be needed at times, but killing kids to eat? No. Just no. I don't care if it's a family tradition or if your dark gods demand it of you (all hail Malloc, eater of souls and devourer of the innocent). Some things must be resisted at all cost.

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Mirror Man book two updates and running commentary!

Unread postby PS Power » Wed May 23, 2018 4:14 pm

Most of the people that don't like the cross-over are people who don't want to have to start a new series in order to be totally up to date on things.

Pro-tip: I do that so that you will want to read all the books! Sneaky of me, isn't it?

I haven't even started working yet today. I need to get to that. I need to finish this before the daily temperatures get to uncomfortable to work. I mean, I'll do it, for you guys... But it really isn't fun.

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Thu May 24, 2018 7:30 am

In my opinion, situations where outside people visit the YA reality are pretty awesome. Although I'm surprised everyone that goes over there doesn't go back to their own reality with at least a clothing amulet and a shield. I mean, instant clothes that fit whatever your situation would be AWESOME, and who doesn't want to be able to fly, let alone not get shot, burned, die in a car accident, etc.?
I think the most interesting part (and most difficult for the people involved) is that the folks that the outsiders from other realities deal with in the YA reality already have EVERYTHING. You can't figure out how to pay them for their help/work. Sure, they'll help you without a second thought, but nobody's going to feel good about that kind of imbalance when you're dealing with someone, and it'd eventually lead to some resentment, I'd think. About the only thing people would be able to trade for anything would be new foods, art, and ideas, and there's only so much of either that would be feasible.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu May 24, 2018 6:33 pm

Richard Drake does end up with a clothing amulet. Or two... And a few other things... Some of them rather interesting.

(No, he doesn't steal them. I know, I would have figured on that too, but he takes the high road with the people that give you everything just for asking.)

40,000 words done.

:)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue May 29, 2018 3:56 am

Took two days off. (Laziness!!!!)

Currently at 50,000 words and back to work. Plan for Mid-June release.

:)

willallen1
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby willallen1 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:30 am

Take your time. We want the new book, bit we want you healthy and fit (and productive) for years to come. Take time to smell the roses-then cut them, take them to town and sell at the roadside vendor stall. Or something else equally ambitious, since we all know you really despise down-time.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Fri Jun 01, 2018 4:56 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Will, you are so right! The man doesn’t do relaxation well, always busy.
Which as a reader I certainly admire and appreciate!
And guilty for being so greedy.

Hope you have fun writing and working on the caster.

willallen1
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby willallen1 » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:12 am

Marcia,

I was on a flight last night and reread Mirror Man. I had forgotten just how evil these bad guys are in the book. Jeez, they really need to invite Keels over to administer some punishment. I know, I know, she's out of the business. Maybe just get Hush to handle once they get the identities nailed down. Dale really knows which buttons to push to get his reader riled up!

PS

Marcia, check you inbox. Dale has inspired me to get off my duff and get this finished.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”