Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Website Upgrading

Where we can post polls about anything!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Is it okay for Argy to work on the website while it's LIVE?

Poll ended at Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Yes. Doesn't bother me a bit. Take your time - you can do it!
67%
Yes. Feel free to do this, but please try to expedite the process.
No votes
Yes. I'm okay with it, but get it done as quickly as possible - I'm hoping to miss it...
17%
Maybe? I'm not certain how the mix of appearance will affect my using the website.
No votes
No. Needs to be one or the other - NO in between state.
No votes
NO. DON'T CHANGE THE SITE!!!
No votes
Other. (Please leave a reply to this post detailing your thoughts.)
17%

Total votes: 6
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Website Upgrading

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Sep 12, 2021 5:09 pm

Hello Everyone,

Dale and I are starting to consider the updating of at least the appearance of the website and it's assorted components. Considering what a significant task that is, I've decided to query you folk to determine if my thoughts on this are amenable to you. ;)

I'd like to work on the site over a period of weeks when I have spare time, but not by using a sandbox and then releasing all the changes at once - no... I'd like to make gradual changes to the website as it is - while LIVE.

Is everyone okay if the website looks like road construction over a period of weeks and possibly months while this all occurs? Let me know what you think in the poll below. Feel free to respond with additional questions or comments in replies to this post. I'll respond as soon as I'm able.

Poll will be active for 30 days. Dale and I should have additional information ironed out by then.

Thanks!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
David
Voracious Reader

Re: Website Upgrading

Unread postby David » Sun Sep 12, 2021 7:32 pm

I check it every day at least once, and will continue to even if it looks like crap (temporarily).

A new fan finding the site may not however.

Doing live changes has risks as well, as I'm sure you know.

Is it possible to have a concurrently run Beta site? That way I could supply feedback on the process that you should absolutely ignore. Or something...

My honest if a little confused opinion. What it comes down to is I wouldn't care, but some people would be turned off by it, and it might chase away a new fan. Not sure that's worth the risk.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:28 pm

Can you post along the top the site is being rejuvenated so there may be interrupted service at times?
I’m excited for a fresh look!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:44 pm

I don't know how to do this, but as soon as the changes are made, I'm going to be putting actual story content up here. Short stories and things like that.

Not a lot, but I hope to do that every month or three.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:22 pm

Okay everyone,

Looks like there’s a general approval for just getting it done and over with as fast as possible with acceptance of it looking a bit weird in transition.

I will do some planning beforehand to try and prevent anything too discordant. The planning phase will start in late Fall (after I get all my chores done preparing for winter in Minnesota).

Please let me know if you have any questions. I’ll create a play-by-play post to report on how things are progressing.

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Poll area”