Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Been A While Now, But...

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Been A While Now, But...

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Oct 29, 2020 3:13 pm

Hey Everyone,

I know it's been a while since I've been engaged with things here on the Forum, so I thought I'd drop a quick topic to see how everyone is doing. Feel free to reply back with whatever is making your life interesting, weird, or memorable right now. I'd prefer no politics (unless you're being intimately / personally effected).

My wife and I officially moved into our "Forever Home" this August, and we're still in the process of moving the last few loads. We're working hard on repairs (as the residence has been vacant for at least 3 years) and getting ready for professional renovations (need to get the house out of the 80's apparently - go figure).

Kidlet is a Junior in college and doesn't want to have anything to do with us (unless they need money), which is pretty much okay right now.

Parents have both been in the hospital the past few months for various things, but are doing better now. I was in the ER 3 times, had 2 surgeries, and stayed in hospital overnight, back in March for Kidney Stones myself - not fun!

Celebrating my 5 year anniversary at my job today. Been a wild ride. Hoping we don't have too many more summers like this past one (in Minneapolis, 2 blocks from the Police Station that was burned down - "Riots are bad, M'Kay?")

Hope you all are having a wonderful Fall season and are looking forward to an interesting Halloween Full Moon! :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: Been A While Now, But...

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Nov 01, 2020 7:41 am

Hey Arrgy!
Sounds like you had an eventful year! Glad it seems to be mellowing out!
I’ve been caretaker to my daughters 3 littles since March until just recently. Found homeschooling an almost 9 year old is HARD! She was upset her easygoing grandma was turning into a yelling/threatening woman who took away electronics unless work got done. And trying to keep the 3 1/2 and 18 months old away and entertained was a challenge. “Rolling my eyes here” My daughter put her back in school and she’s doing SO much better, and the littles are back in daycare. Is it bad that I hate it and love it at the same time? I hate they could be exposed to covid and love that they are happy getting out and enjoying their days. And I enjoy my days too. Reading!!!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Nov 02, 2020 7:10 pm

Everyone make sure to be on guard in the coming days.

I have nothing actionable, but... Yeah. We live in interesting times, don't we?

Glad to hear you're doing well!

Jay
Early Reader

Unread postby Jay » Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:29 pm

Well met Argy!

New to the board, not new to Powers books though.

I feel you on the surgery thing... had a full hip replacement around 8 months ago. Naturally, did some digging around before I selected a surgeon though. Most only want to work on elderly patients. I assume it is because by the time the implant wears out, the patient will probably be in a coffin (they don't tend to complain or sue much from there). Obviously that isn't quite the sentiment I wanted, as I am not particularly that old.

I will turn 52 in December and I want my active life-style back. So, went on the hunt for surgeons who deal with professional athletes instead. Found a group with some rather 'radical' ideas regarding surgical procedures and devices. I spoke with a lot of their patients (obviously those that agreed to speak on their procedure, HIPAA and all that).

This group of surgeons had a special table that positioned the body during surgery to allow them to make an incision in the front of the hip, about 5 inches long while the leg was pre-positioned perfectly for access to the section they were cutting off. Instead of cutting the muscles like traditional hip replacement surgeries do, they used another new surgical aid device to spread the muscle fibers apart (sort of like a meat curtain).

All in all, the procedure took 5 hours and I came out with a shiny new hip and socket. They gave me 3 hours to wake up and made me get up and walk the same day as the surgery. Kept me overnight for observation (lol... which I read Young Ancients throughout the night) and had me get out of bed again the following day, walk for 300 feet, walk up a set of stairs with 8 - 10 steps and back down... then they let me go home.

As promised, the surgical recovery period was cut in half (largely due to them not cutting large muscle groups) and not having to go into the hip from the back of my leg with a huge scar.

The downsides are... I had to pay for most of the surgery myself (radical procedures aren't easy to insure) and I am much more likely to end up as a TSA strip search candidate when I fly.

Then again, I'm still 6'3, 265lbs and generally have a look on my face that says I will not politely participate in a TSA search whether private or right there in the security line. Best option, as I've explained a couple of times now flying back and forth while vacationing in Puerto Rico, is to trust the surgical card I've handed to them and forward any questions/concerns to the surgeon listed as the point of contact.

My wife and I are still looking for our "Forever Home" because I want more acreage than I currently have. Plus, being an avid hunter, it MUST have wildlife and a good place for me to add a fishing hole. So, we are on the lookout for about 300 acres. The trick is, getting that land that isn't too far away from our sons.

Home renovations can be a pain, there always seems to be hidden problems you don't know about until you start stripping back the layers. I sincerely hope you have minimal issues and wish you and your wife the best on your dream home make-over!

Jay

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:10 pm

Thanks for the reply, Jay. Hope you enjoy our little corner of the net here! :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”