Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Scotch

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Re: Scotch

Unread postby jjmcafee » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:32 pm

Ah - then try laproaig (from Islay). It is the most smokey flavor I've tried. The really fun thing about scotch is that there are so many wonderful opportunities to keep trying new stuff! I only wish my clan (MacPhie) actually made something that I could try. (If they do, it is very much kept under the table and not mentioned in public!)

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:07 am

Jim I tried the Laphroaig! You were not kidding about the smokey flavor. It's very good but I think I'll save it for after a meal so it has a bit of a landing pad. Also now that we know your a scotsman you are hereby officially added to the tasting board of the scotch forum. I'm Norwegian myself.. all we are known for is lutefisk. How is that fair? Your people get scotch..mine get fish soaked in lye. :(

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:01 pm

ewwww! On the other hand, we have hagis! You need a full fifth of Scotch to be able to get that down! Bagpipes help as well (drowns out the crying and whimpering!)
But I do like being on the tasting board! Thank You.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:14 pm

Lol Jim I had to look up Hagis and that does sound worse then lutefisk. No worries this is the scotch forum not the exotic foods forum so we're good. We do need to add some cognac for when Dale comes by and maybe some wine for Marcia. Others will have to chime in on what they like so we can stock up.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:37 pm

I'm not much of a drinker (2 glasses of wine or cocktails have me feeling giddy) but I do like Gray Goose Vodka with cranberry juice.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:05 am

Marcia we have you down for vodka and cranberry juice.

Oh and Marcia don't worry about letting your hair down after a couple drinks...you're as safe as a babe in her mothers arms here with me and Big Jim. ;)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:24 am

Hey! I'm from California so I'm also into wine. I can furnish whatever you need, either red or white. (Not so much for Rose!). Just let me know.

jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:25 am

I know --- we can all meet at Dale's for cocktails and snacks! I'm sure that will help with keeping the writing on schedule......

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:56 pm

Good Idea Jim I'll check with Dale on when he can send the plane around to pick us all up. He's got it on that time sharing thing with Pitt and Clooney so I don't know for sure when we can set it up. I'll let you know.

Oh just so your not surprised Dales little ranch is really a compound with a staff of about 30. He has 5 people that work in the kitchens alone. There's also two hot model looking chicks that just kinda hang out...not sure what they do for Dale :shock:

Robert Earl Keen 1989
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Sun Nov 24, 2013 2:35 am

rofl! On the other hand, I'm really sure that there aren't the two model chicks (with due apologies to our female bloggers) because there is simply no way Dale could produce the amount of output he does if that were true. Sounds great about the plane though.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”