Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Scotch

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
twips182
Voracious Reader

Re: Scotch

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 7:50 am

I like all the names and it sounds like it would be a good idea to open the lounge. People could come in after a hard days work or school and talk about whatever they want. Now since I'm currently embroiled in the fight of my life regarding Trice (Oh btw thank you for the emails..everything from "Burn the witch we got your back!" to "Your a heartless troll that needs to get in touch with your sensitive side!") I think it would be best if maybe someone else was the proprietor. My first thought was Marcia as she does a great job here on the forums. But then I thought no Marcia likes to fire a few shots too.. She is just a lot more subtle and classy about the whole thing than I am. Big Jim would be serving haggis and helping himself to the scotch supplies so he's out..sorry Jim :)

My choice and I hope everyone agrees would be Argy. Argy is pretty neutral and also does a good job here on the forums. I was thinking something like "Argy's Power Lounge" People could come into the forum and say "Argy let me have a beer" and then go off on whatever subject they want.

What do you think Argy? Care to become a lounge owner and open an establishment that all the forum members can enjoy?

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:31 am

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:55 am

I agree with Marcia that's a great name. Now you just have to pick a spot for it and open the doors for business! :D

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Give it a few days and I'll unleash my diabolical plans. This weekend maybe... After all, who heard of unleashing diabolical plans on a Thursday? Seriously?

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:21 pm

Hey, Argy, when you do open, the first round' s on me!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:34 am

McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge is now open for business!

First order of business is to move the Scotch topic into the new forum. I'll leave up a ghost, so you all can find this topic without too much trouble.

And as Ron said - First Round is on him. :mrgreen:

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:29 pm

Anyone have a Scotch they're particularly fond of this time of season / holiday?

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Nov 28, 2013 3:30 pm

I like Highland Park, Talisker, Laphroaig, Lagavulin and umm maybe it would be easier to list the ones I don't like :o

Robert Earl Keen 1989
jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Sun Dec 01, 2013 7:51 pm

The Glenfiddich and Laphroaig. Plus any single malt that is being pored.

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”