Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Changes Coming...

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PS Power
Site Admin

Changes Coming...

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Jun 02, 2022 3:04 am

I'm going to have to take the books out of the Amazon.com Select Program over the next year or so. This is already starting with the older titles, and in September the books will be available in almost all online book markets.

On the good, possibly great side, this means that many more people will have a chance to find and read my books, helping to keep me interested in going on in the future! (Yay!)

On the bad, if you mainly read out of Select, you will, eventually either have a very tiny time window for that, or have to pay full price for them.

Sure, I try to keep the prices reasonable, but I get that suddenly having to pay could be a shock, if you were borrowing them before. Not that you don't pay Select, but they've been slowly paying authors less over time, by changing what counts as a page read, and being in that program prevents your book from showing as highly placed, at the same time, so it's meant that I've taken about a sixty-percent hit FOR THE BOOKS I'VE SOLD and had page reads for, over all. On top of the fact that each book consistently counts for less in that program.

So, this is the warning on that one.

Why now? Greed? A desire for a new set of readers? A hatred of big business?

Yes? Not at a very high level for any of those, but they all play in at some level. I mean, I want to be able to keep paying my bills, and having people read and hopefully enjoy my work is always nice. As for big corporations... Ahem...

Anyway, the real reason is that Amazon took a finical hit for nearly the first time last month, and WILL be struggling suddenly to make up for that. In the past, one of the strategies for lesser such things was to trim what authors have made. I expect this to really hit in July of this year, but it might be sooner, or later, than that. Meaning that having all of my books in the Amazon basket might be a good way to lose everything.

Remember, you can sign up on my Patreon and get an advanced copy of each book, for only a dollar. (Though you can also do more, if that isn't a hardship.) If that's too much, then send an email to me at power_dale@yahoo.com and I will send you a free advance reading copy each time.

If getting a free book isn't your thing, you can also help with editing on them, and go over it that way!

I'm sorry for any inconvenience this causes anyone and hope that you'll hang in there with me, through these interesting times ahead. I'll do the same for you!

Thanks. You mean a lot to me.
P.S. Power

MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: Changes Coming...

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Jun 06, 2022 4:44 pm

I think it’s a fantastic idea to expand your reader base! Exciting news!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”