Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

On Turning Fifty... And some other things...

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PS Power
Site Admin

On Turning Fifty... And some other things...

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:01 pm

It's hard to believe, but in less than a week, I will have been alive for half a century. Still no end to hunger, cure for cancer or travel to other stars. (That we are allowed to know about.)

Man, have I been sleeping on the job, or what? I don't even have a clue about how to handle two of those and the one I do... Well, it isn't going to be enough.

Still, I'm in good health, losing weight still (on purpose, so, that's a thing, right?) and trying to work out what my plan is for the second quarter of my life. (No, I didn't misspeak. I'm assuming I get at least two hundred years. Men in my family often live to a hundred and in fifty years, medical science might well pull a trick out, so... Yeah...)

In celebration of this rather ordinary event, I have given up caffeine.

So, I'm currently a bit tired, a little loopy and hoping the withdrawal effects will fade soon. (It can take up to a two months in bad cases. I'm more of a middle ground one, myself.)

I'm also working on being generally more conscientious in life. This will, I hope, mean more stories at a slightly increased rate, over the next years.

Also, now that you are here, there seems to be another massive lock down coming in the U.S. It's insane in Australia right now as they are in near martial law. Get stocked up now, if you can, and make your plans for survival now. We've been through one lockdown, but this one will be worse, with shortages being assured and money being much tighter for everyone.

True, I just write stories. I could be wrong about all of this. I'm NOT, but I could be. You have days to act on this if what I am hearing is correct. Right now, don't get fancy if you haven't done much. Rice, beans, canned goods, and a way to cook it all. It isn't much, but when you are hungry enough, foods that are boring will be a treat.

Anyway, back to me being me...

Fifty. Still a child, basically. Very young. (I'll just be over here, chanting that to myself until I believe it.)

:)

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Re: On Turning Fifty... And some other things...

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Aug 03, 2021 10:37 pm

Happy Birthday!! :mrgreen:

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Aug 04, 2021 6:03 am

So you're turning 50, half a century! Happy Birthday, birthday boy! Oh you kids, so cute. 50 . wait till you're my age (71) now I've still got the body of a god (Buddha) and a mind like a steel...ah...um magnolia....no...no the thing that opens and closes...um...door...no...wait ...um...trap...yeah...one of those. Whatever. Ya've done a pretty good job so far, make the rest count for something more. Good luck youngster, may the Gods bless.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Gary F. York
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Gary F. York » Wed Aug 04, 2021 8:18 am

Yes. Have a happy birthday! (Well. Eventually.) And my wish, for you, is that you write more frequently. (Well. And publish them.)
G.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:57 am

I thought your birthday was today.
Dale, Happy Birthday!

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Aug 09, 2021 10:59 am

So, its today! Happy Birthday Dale!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”