Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What do you do for the holidays?

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PS Power
Site Admin

What do you do for the holidays?

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:44 pm

What celebrations, traditions do you have for the holiday season?

We decorate, here, and have a few treats occasionally, listen to Christmas music... That's about it. (Well, that and my annual struggle to find a truly unique Christmas story to write, which normally fails. I do have a new concept that might work though. It's a bit dark.)

What fun things do you do?

Please share, since it might be important to the survival of the world.

Thank you.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Re: What do you do for the holidays?

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:56 pm

Decorate, bake, enjoy the children’s enthusiasm. Much more laid back about it these days. Trees up with lights and ornaments, house has a few strands of lights around the roof. Done. Have a ton of stuff to decorate the yard with and have no ambition to do it. Hubby and I have been sick with lingering colds our grandkids shared so what can I say. Being lazy this year. Did make Christmas cookies with one of the kids during thanksgiving break. “Shrug” just not feeling the intense drive to be totally into the whole glitter and gold, more relax and love.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:03 pm

Hey everybody, well this year I thought I'd just recover. Had back surgery for a fusion the day before Thanksgiving. So, no big projects beyond walking. The wife did almost all the baking and decorating. But at 1month short of 70 I ain't hanging from the roof to string lights anyway. Traditions have fallen by the wayside years ago. The family is spread all over the country now, so we seldom get together as we once did. Yeah, I miss those times. The world has changed so much since the "feel good fifties" when I was growing up. This isn't just waxing nostolgic, 'cause I've changed, too. I'm like a lot of people, becoming more isolated, still kicking it as much as I can. Unfortunately, that's not much anymore. But chin up, and press on.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Dec 22, 2019 8:26 am

I've been making an effort to do a bit more myself... But I live in an isolated compound, in the middle of a forest. Decorating with outdoor lights makes no sense at all. Obviously, Bigfoot cares not for my decorative lighting schemes!

Still, I've taken some pains to listen to some nice holiday themed music, and if the weather holds, I'll be making a run into the city for some supplies in a few hours, so I can get an edible treat or two, as well as some other things to round out the holiday season.

Part of that is, of course, wishing all of you a wonderful holiday and, with luck, a brilliant new year!

Heal fast, Ronald... I have a feeling that we all need to be ready to run, in this coming year. :) Exciting things lay ahead. The future is made of them.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:45 pm

Yeah like that old toast/curse : May you live in interesting times.
Enjoy the holidays any way you can...
"And God Bless Us, Everyone."

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”