Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby Shadelit » Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:55 pm

Wasn't Sara's book supposed to be out in sept? Did I miss a release? Got all the alternate places and the added dead ends but I feel like I'm missing a book or two.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:03 pm

No, that was part of the list to make it for 2014 release.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:18 pm

a quote from Dale:
PLANS FOR THE NEXT BOOKS TO COME

So, Sara ~ Strange Land (Young Ancients book 15, planned for November)

Infected book 9~Proxy Three (War Days),

Countess Maria Ward (Erotic, probably shortish. A novella? book 16 in Young Ancients),

and something holiday themed? Because why not?

That should get me through the rest of the year. Unless I double my writing speed. Which I can do. Or triple it, but I have to get wood in and some work on this place done before the cold weather comes. Then next year:

The new Young Ancients series (Really the second arc. I might give it a new name, to prompt people to read the new one, even if they missed the first part.) Five books.

The next three Greasepaint Chronicles.

Two new books for Other Places and Alternate Places. (Two each.)

Eve Benson series (Three books. I think to come out at one time. That seems to work really well. People like it so far.) (Eve is Keeley Thomson's friend.)

A new Gwen.

A new mystery series (three books) if I can find an interesting hook.

Three romance novels, to see if I can write that kind of thing well enough.(Stretch those limitations!)

Oy Vey! (Only spelled correctly.) It's a humor novel about a white supremacist that discovers he's actually Jewish by birth, and that his wealthy great aunt wants to give him a large sum of money. But he has to live as a Jewish person for a year first.

Discipline. (Possibly three books? Maybe just the one. I need to think about that.)

I have some other things I want to get to as well. So that's only... Twenty-four books.

Two a month?

I can do that.

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:29 am

Too lazy to see if he's been mentioned yet, but John Corwin does a pretty good paranomal/magic realism series called The Overworld Chronicles. The lead character discovers he's an inccubus, and vampires are (mostly) not romanticized, unlike in most paranormal fiction. It posits an interesting alternate explanation for human history as well. The books are packed with action, adventure, a dash of mystery, and magic, and the author's voice is pleasant.

If you're in the mood for hard science fiction, then anything by Chrales Scheffield would work quite well.

But a very special treat would be Nina Kriki Hoffman. She's one of my favorite authors, writing about magic realism/witchcraft, and her voice is extremely cozy; I always feel like curling up with a mug of coffee when I read her stuff, and I really don't drink the stuff that much -- or "curl up" for that matter. A Hatful of Sky is great, as well as The Silent Strength of Stones, but all her stuff would tide you over, if you enjoy that sort of fiction.

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
ZiggyStardust
Early Reader

Unread postby ZiggyStardust » Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:53 am

Late to the game.... scrolled through and didn't see anyone mention..

--Christopher Rice. He's written a lot of drama/mystery/action type novels. Hard to classify into a genre. The Last few having twinges of supernatural (The Heavens Rise, The Vines). A lot of gay themes, not so much gay sex, although there is some.... and kind of like Mr. Power, a master of the, "oh no, he didn't" plot twist.
My Favorites were - Density of Souls, Blind Fall, The Snow Garden, The Vines.

--Stephen Brust. fantasy writer. Good stuff. Loved his VLAD TALTOS series (which is ongoing...think there are 13 or 14 out now, with like 17 or so planned) Vlad is an assassin, thief, witch, and all around bad ass Easterner (human), living in a world ruled by Dragareans (ultra humans). It skips around in this huge story, so you're getting everything out of order, which works amazingly. Also, had a novel AGYAR, that I enjoyed thoroughly. Many other titles.

--Joe Hill, who I fondly refer to as 'hill of the king'. Really loved NOS4A2 and HORNS. All stand alones so far. No series. He also has a collection of short stories "20th Century Ghosts", one of the stories POP ART, was the most touching thing I have read in a long long time, and still sticks with me.

--STEPHEN KING, GRRM, PATRICK ROTHFUSS, ROBERT R McCAMMON, RICHARD MATHESON, NEIL GAIMAN, ANNE RICE(the non preachy version)
Big names, but love them all.

I buy a lot of books at local book stores and amazon (HALF PRICE BOOKS and such...) Having no children has dramatically increased my disposable income. So, i can't attest to the value/page ratio of any of these. Just books I enjoyed, that you might too. Or you might not. Sorry if ya don't :)

Love Dale and all he does. have been devouring his series over the last year or so... I'm caught up with YA, Infected, Keeley, Alternate & Other, VGM.....
Yet to read Gwen & The Lament.

"All problems in life can be solved with two simple words, PUPPY PILE!" - Anonymous
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Nov 03, 2014 1:19 pm

While we're waiting for the fifteenth, and Sara's book, John Corwin dropped the latest Overworld Chronicles Book 9 "Wicked War Of Mine" if anyone follows him. It won't last two weeks, but it's a start.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Nov 03, 2014 2:25 pm

The fourth Schooled in magic book came out from Christopher Nuttall
Imp book six by Debra Dunbar if you are following that series.
ANeka Jansen Book 6 is out for a bit now, Niall Teasdale
Book three in the New Olympus saga is out by C J Carella, I didnt really like the ending all that much, but the books were okay.
Brian D Anderson finally closed out the godling chronicles with book six.
Demon accords book 7 has also been out a while, John Conroe.
Kris Longknife book 12 is out if you follow that series, Mike Shephard

Sorry if there are any repeats, just grabbed those from most recent in my kindle... After filtering out the crappy ones I tried.

LORD OF THE NEXUS
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby LORD OF THE NEXUS » Tue Nov 04, 2014 2:05 pm

I am to lazy to check back and see if these were mentioned already but Leeland artra writes good books, a great mix of scifi and fantasy although so far leaning more towards fantasy. I like all of Brandon Sanderson books, they are great and entertaining. Gail z Martin with the summoner and fallen kings cycle are a good read. And of course sone of my all time favorites, the wheel of time series by Robert Jordan. Anything Orson Scott card. And battlefield earth by l Ron hubbard

You can't always choose who you let into your life, but you can choose which window to throw them out of! Duke
Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Sat Nov 15, 2014 12:52 pm

"Work Experience (Schooled in Magic 4)" by Christopher Nuttal. Emily goes walkabout with Lady Barb during break to see how the other 90% live. Spoiler: mushroom cloud.

"Seer" and "Seer: Thrall" by Robin Roseau. A woman's clairvoyant dreams about her new girlfriend being a vampire may not be a metaphor about her job as a bloodsucking lawyer.

"The Raven, the Elf, and Rachel (The Unexpected Enlightenment of Rachel Gryphon 2)" by L. Jagi Lamplighter.

"BEC" by Barbar on Storiesonline. Spend a week in the life of Bec. A thirteen year old girl with a weird but loving family whose life is about to be turned upside down by the discovery that not only does her mother have a bizarre mental disorder but so does she.

"Bec 2: Thanksgiving" by Barbar on SOL. It's Thanksgiving a few weeks after book one and The artsy differently minded girl Bec suddenly realizes the reasons her family moved to America from England aren't true. Will she regret finding the answers to this new mystery? Probably.

"Bec 3: It aint over til it's over" by Barbar on SOL. Thanksgiving weekend continues. With more hyperfocused fugue states! More alternate personas (Dangerous Bec is awesome)! More inexplicable nudity! And Laser Tag!

Hawk (Vlad Taltos) by Steven Brust. Vlad finally gets fed up with the price on his head and does something about it. The prologue is the opening sequence from burn notice.

Exo (Jumper 4) by Steven Gould. Dah, Dah, Daah! Space Girl!!!

High Mage (Spellmonger 5) by Terry Mancour.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”