Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Book One: Fletcher

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PS Power
Site Admin

Book One: Fletcher

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:15 pm

Anders Brolly is about to die when a magical crystal from a foreign land is used in an attempt to save him...

Placing a copy of Farad Ibn Istel into his mind, creating a new person, one very different than the lazy twelve year old boy who'd lived in the castle his entire life.

Nothing in this land of magic, strange and bizarre to Farad, is as it seems. Now he must survive as best he can. Not for himself but for Anders. The young child who will be cheated of a full life, if he makes even one misstep.

*The rough draft is finished. Editing and the first rewrite will begin tomorrow. I'm really excited by this project. It's something different and new (for me). Sword and Sorcery, with no science fiction edge or alternate realities...

Lots of complicated magical systems. :)

Mojo
Avid Reader

Re: Book One: Fletcher

Unread postby Mojo » Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:15 pm

Its great to see you back in fantasy and sci fi but on something new. You seem to do your best work when you are challanged by new topics.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:13 pm

Well... I like it, so far. I just finished the first major edit/rewrite. Then I'm trying to have a few edits done this time before opening it up here. (So it should, hopefully, be a bit smoother...)

:)

It's good. I think. (That's always hard for me to tell with my own work...)

phoenixdht
Early Reader

Unread postby phoenixdht » Thu Aug 16, 2018 6:54 pm

What in the world do you use to keep all your plot and character and timeline juggling from falling apart?

I'm a huge Scrivener fan myself, although I've never used it for anything remotely as complicated as one of your multiverse story arcs.

I know the makers of Scrivener have some kind of companion software that specializes in story timeline management, and that the two apps can talk a bit back and forth. I think I'd have to add that to Scrivener if I were ever inspired (OK, reckless) enough to try a storyline as complex as some of the ones you produce.

[EDIT] I should've mentioned that I'm about 85% of the way through Fletcher and really enjoying it so far.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Aug 17, 2018 9:46 pm

Oh... It's just that I live the stories as they unfold and then go over them before working on the next portion of things. It isn't that complex really...

While working on the story I tend to see things unfold as if in overlay, as real as the world I live in the rest of the time. That, plus constant review does a pretty good job for me.

*The biggest errors I make are in the spellings of names. Clearly that's a problem for me. The other is in shifting eye colors. The bigger things are easy compared to that!

** In fairness, my own eye color changes from time to time, in rather dramatic fashion. That either means that reality is constantly shifting or I have a really lame super power. (Eye change man!)

:)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Crystals of Memory”