Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

I can't read any more

When all worlds are in peril, good people must find some way to fight.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
k0dyn
Early Reader

I can't read any more

Unread postby k0dyn » Sat May 05, 2018 7:43 am

[Possible spoilers: YA series, Coalescence book 1]

I don't know if discussion of the books is permitted here, but I just felt like I had to write something, get my thoughts out of my head. For background, I discovered the YA series a few weeks ago, and I've been reading them in order, but I haven't read any of the other series.

I'm about a third of the way though the first Coalescence book, and I just can't keep reading any more. I tend to get emotionally involved with the characters I'm reading about - especially long-running series like Young Ancients. And I just can't bear the idea of the monsters the Baker family has become. Timon, Trice, and Taman's actions are so far beyond the pale, that I can't even bring myself to keep reading to see if they've somehow been controlled by someone else, or if they truly are that evil. I literally was sitting on my bed shaking, trying not to throw my kindle through the wall, reading about what they're doing to Willum. I don't know if Tor, Tiera, or the others are in on it, but I can't bear reading any more to find out.

Please don't take this as a criticism of the author or writing quality. It's just gotten far too dark for me.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: I can't read any more

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sat May 05, 2018 11:45 am

Well...I'm sure you've noticed that any progress a character makes toward fulfillment in this universe is accomplished through hard work, trials and tribulations. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. I'm sure you'll find that Willum has and will become stronger as you read more. Yes, at times it may seem many characters act rather sadistic, maybe even jaded to what you the reader consider punishment. But I as a long time reader, can say that they don't enjoy it. To them, it is a way forward, a way to ensure a person is prepared. For anything. I believe, Mr Power actually believes this himself. When he started the books he's written, he was turning out three, sometimes four books a month. The amount of dedication, focus, and discipline this takes is unthinkable. Also consider, he has had to accept some rather unfair criticism from a few malcontents (not you k0din) and you'll see he is speaking (writing) from experience. So please keep reading, and try other P.S.Power series, they are worth it. But, you'll probably find similar themes in all his books.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: I can't read any more

Unread postby PS Power » Sat May 05, 2018 4:50 pm

That's fair enough, really.

My natural story style is way, way darker than anything I've ever put out. I've abandoned half written books, just to prevent them from getting out into the world... So I can see it.

The idea of some of the people in given stories being monsterous is actually there. At least in this series. (A few others, though I promise, I tried to keep that to a dull roar, instead of painful screams!) For Taman Baker at least, it becomes a real problem. One that will haunt her well past the end of the trilogy.

Timon actually walks away with a fairly clean conscience on the matter, comparatively. It isn't all bad, but what they do in order to try and save all of reality isn't kind, either.

Most of the others aren't as directly involved in Will's training. So they come out pretty well that way.

*Yes, you can talk about books here. Or if you need to vent in a more personal way, you (anyone) can always email me directly at: power_dale@yahoo.com if anyone has things to say that they don't want to here in the open.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “The Coalescence”