Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Is multiverse crossing soon to be over?

Forum for the discussion of all things related to The Multiverse (the intermixing of several book worlds). ;)
Forum rules
"With all the cross-reality interactions coming up now, it would make sense to have a "master" spoiler thread.

The rules are basically that the thread can contain spoilers for any P.S. Power book in the larger interconnected multi-verse (which really should get some kind of name) that is available on amazon. (So excluding books that are currently in "public" editing, but everything else is fair game)." ~ qHnED7SnYgQs
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Fozzie
Early Reader

Is multiverse crossing soon to be over?

Unread postby Fozzie » Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:09 am

Is the multiverse cross-over done yet or soon to be? I read and bought (KU person) everything up to the last Gwen then stopped. To me, the books were much more enjoyable before the interconnecting. I liked the universes better by themselves. The adversaries are/were taking to long to be dealt with even with the amazing writing speed.

I'll buy everything after that when the wrap-up happens, then read it all.

Note, this isn't to say i want the multiverse gone. If a new trilogy has them meeting Eve, Tam, Timon, Gwen, Keeley etc etc. from a different verse, then that's fine. However, I found myself struggling to connect with the character with the multiverse threat thread running through their books.

David
Voracious Reader

Re: Is multiverse crossing soon to be over?

Unread postby David » Fri Feb 01, 2019 9:44 am

Yeah, for a while now. There's still crossover, but there's been several series since that was all over and done with.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:34 pm

The last "true" crossover book was Pain Stones (Willum Baker book three for reference).

Some of the books out will still have people bump into or even doing their own crossings, but it isn't part of a larger plot. (It would be incredibly contrived to force people to give up their super powers, now that they have them.)

HOWEVER: Many or even most of the titles planned for this year won't have the main character doing that sort of thing (even if they have such abilities) and others, like the new trilogy Child of Frankenstein (out this month or next, but it's a full three books. I'm on number three right now) won't have anything to do with the older series at all.

The next "Gwen Harrison" (Gwen Farris after marriage) books won't have anything like that at all, since she won't be the main character.

I can't know if that will work for you, but it does sound about right.

*The real issue is that sometimes it's less sensible for a person to not go and use alternate resource pools if it's an option for them. That kind of thing may well happen from time to time, simply due to what came before.

*There may be crossovers in the future. I have no plans for it, but now that I'm thinking about it, having a specific Proxy/Gwen or Tor/Jim crossing might be useful and interesting. Again, no plans for this at the moment...

At the moment...

willallen1
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby willallen1 » Fri Feb 15, 2019 5:12 pm

I like multiverse crossing to spice things up, but I get the idea.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Discussions of The Multiverse”