Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Multiversal Characters

Forum for the discussion of all things related to The Multiverse (the intermixing of several book worlds). ;)
Forum rules
"With all the cross-reality interactions coming up now, it would make sense to have a "master" spoiler thread.

The rules are basically that the thread can contain spoilers for any P.S. Power book in the larger interconnected multi-verse (which really should get some kind of name) that is available on amazon. (So excluding books that are currently in "public" editing, but everything else is fair game)." ~ qHnED7SnYgQs
brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Re: Multiversal Characters

Unread postby brainsniffer » Thu Apr 28, 2016 8:52 pm

Reading through the Gwen Farris books now and it seems like Darren Westmoreland/Billy Cavendish is the closest analog in that universe so far.

I'm not saying that these are the same people per se, but that they're the Trickster/Precogs.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Fri Apr 29, 2016 5:47 am

If not Kolb for the Cavendish/Tyler analog in YA... what do people think of Timon for it? I mean, he's missing on the list so far, and I could kind of see it - smart, fairly deadly... it just kind of popped in my head and I'm ruminating on it.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Fri Apr 29, 2016 7:39 am

Billy Cavendish (encountered in Gwen Farris reality, comes like Gwen originally from Dead End reality) is pretty clearly Cavendish (Alternate) [also, see P.S. Powers post above which I read to be a sort-of official confirmation of that].

Assuming the above is correct, the following all have that facial scar thing going on:
[DE] Billy Cavendish
[YA] Kolb
[Discipline] Ali
[Lament] Guardian Clark

which makes it relatively likely that they are all the same person.

The following two are a guess from me:
[Infected] Carl ("the insane level fifteen trainer")
[Hobbs' World] Hobbs

but they fit in well with the group above. Kolb, Ali, Clark all have that "trainer" thing going on, which is a good match to both Carl and Hobbs. In addition, Hobbs seems to have that "constantly thinking about how to kill everyone" thing going on like Cavendish.

We never get to see the real Darren Westmoreland, he is only mentioned by Billy as having switched places. Given that he was switched into the Dead End reality, and I can't remember him showing up in any of the Dead End books (but maybe hiding under a different name?) it's likely that he didn't survive the Zombies.

Timon is [censored as the book isn't published yet], and I can't see either one as a good or even remote match to anyone on the list above (and it would force Carl off the list), so probably not.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:41 pm

To be fair, not everyone is in every story. Some that are will seem very minor.

Infinite means everything, after all.

:)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Apr 29, 2016 8:34 pm

Dale, When all of the series wind down for the climax, will it be okay to ask for a list of all character analogues? I know its a huge undertaking, but some of us are dying to know who's who, you know. I don't think we'll get it all completely. It probably doesn't matter, really, but it'd be nice to know for certain.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sun May 01, 2016 8:46 am

Ripped Open (The Infected: Ripped to Shreds Book 2) is out: https://www.amazon.com/Ripped-Open-Infe ... 01F0Q2TAW/ (wrongly listed as Book 1 in the title on amazon, but correctly listed as Book 2 on the cover).

Anyone reading this thread, please consider this post a warning that following the forum rules for this particular forum, any following post can contain spoilers for Ripped Open (as well as for any previously published book that's part of this multiverse).

You've been warned.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sun May 01, 2016 8:53 am

Here is an updated list of which characters in the different realities are the "same" person.

The list has been produced using information from:
Impulse: A Whole New Day [Infected 8 - Bridget 1]
War Day [Infected 9 - Brian 3]
Shield of Innocence [Alternate Places 4 - Zack 3]
Persist [Discipline 3]
Kindred [Young Ancients 19 - Dareg 3]
Ripped Open [Infected 11 - Cin 2] (based on pre-release version, will update the list if the final published version has any relevant differences).

I've primarily included information about people that are explicitly mentioned in the books as being the "same" person.

There are some cases where a match has not been explicitly confirmed in the published books, which his kinda-sorta been confirmed by Dale on the forum. In that case the particular entry is prefixed with an exclaimation mark ( ! ).

I've also added a few entries that are just guesses, they are prefixed with one or more question marks ( ? ). The more question marks, the more shakey the guess.

A few people are know to originate in realities other than the main realities of the different book series. In that case I've marked them with a star and a number, same number means the same unnamed reality.

The reality that the Infected reality interacts with, from which Hobbs, Mary, Braid, and so on originate, was often referred to as "Hobbs' World" in the Infected books, so I'll use that label instead of a numbered star.

Here, in no particular order, is the list:

[YA] Torrence "Tor" Baker
[Demonverse] Zack "The Line Walker" Hartley
[Alternate] Zack Hartley
[Infected] Brian "Proxy" Yi
[Gwen Farris] Heather Westmorland
[Discipline] Glenda
[Dead End] Gwen Farris (encountere in Gwen Farris reality sharing the body of Katherine Vernor)
-----
[YA] Timon "Tim" Baker
[Infected] Cinnamon "Cin" "Cindy" Mableton
[DE] Colleen Becks (possibly later Robson?)
-----
[YA] Tiera Baker
[Demonverse] Eve "The Snowflake" Benson
[Alternate] Evelyn Hernandez (not active character, just mentioned as an actress)
-----
[YA] Alice Orange
[Infected] Scott "Prime" Chambers
[Hobbs' World] Zevros Wyrdcraft (encountered in Infected)
-----
[YA] Gerent Lairdgreen
[*1] Darren "Box" Smalls (encountered in YA)
[Demonverse] Troy Lopez (Vampire)
[Alternate] Troy Lopez
[Infected] Tobin Peterson
-----
[YA] Dareg "Dare" Canton
[Demonverse] Ben (no lastname ever given, first LARPer, then clerk at bookstore, refered to as being a vampire by Zack in in Persist, was not a vampire as of the last Demonverse book)
[Alternate] Donald "Don" Karver
[Infected] Doug "Gravity" Tibs
[*4/Infected] Mickey "Sure Shot" Robson (born in Infected reality to parents from *4, never refered to as "Robson" before, but Jake seems to say that is the case in Ripped Open [Infected 11 - Cin 2])
[Gwen Farris] King Ferdinand
[Discipline] Ben Epson
[Dead End] Mickey "Jake" "Very Good Man" Robson (encountered later in Infected)
-----
[YA] Patricia "Trice" Baker (born Morgan)
[Demonverse] Kaitlyn "Kait" Fargo/Swanson (never refered to as Kate in Demonverse, goes by "Lyn" when in Alternate)
[Alternate] Kaitlyn "Kate" Swanson (never refered to as Kait in AP 1-3, once or twice wrongly refered to as Kait in AP4 [both Kait and Kate are in that book, Alternate Kaitlyn is generally still refered to as Kate except for a mistake or two])
[Infected] Marcia "Cast Iron" Turner
[Gwen Farris] Katherine Vernor
[Discipline] Maggie "Mags" Richards
-----
[YA] Tamerlane "Terlee" Thomson (born Baker)
[*2] Debbie Smalls (encountered in YA, possibly from *1, that's not completely clear, but I don't think so)
-----
[YA] Merriland of the Forten
[*3] Merilee "Merry" Merchant (encountered in YA)
[Hobbs' World] Mary Wyrdcraft (encountered in Infected)
-----
[YA] Doris
[Demonverse] Lisa Weis
[Alternate] Lisa Penbroke
[Discipline] Casandra "Lissa" Banks
-----
[Demonverse] Hildegard "Hilda" (no last name given)
[Alternate] Hildgeurde "Hilda" Meorgeansdotter (a single time refered to as Hildegard)
[Infected] "Olga" (actual name never given, Olga being her Spetnaz Ultima codename)
-----
[YA] Sara Debri
[Infected] Penny "Cellophane" Cooper
[Gwen Farris] Bethany "Beth" Westmorland
[Discipline] Felicia (not her real name)
-----
[Infected] Clark Clarkson
[Discipline] Clark
-----
[Demonverse] Calley Hale
[Alternate] Libby Patterson
-----
[Demonverse] Ginger Harris
[Alternate] Christopher "Chris" Karver
[Infected] Sara (the orc girl)
-----
[Demonverse] Lenore Hawthorn(e) (spelling of last name not consistent)
[Alternate] Claire Hawthorn(e) (spelling of last name not consistent)
-----
[Demonverse] Wu-Li
[Alternate] Wu-Li
-----
[Demonverse] Nicole "Nikki" (last name never given, but probably Hawthorn like her sister)
[Alternate] Nicole "Nikki" Bartlet
-----
[Demonverse] Ridley/Riley the Trickster (first introduced as Ridley, later a few times, wrongly I think, refered to as Riley)
[Alternate] Riley the Trickster
-----
[Demonverse] Cormack
[Alternate] Keane
-----
[Demonverse] David/Dave
[Alternate] David (later Denise)
-----
[Demonverse] Valerie "Val" Frago/Swanson
[Alternate] Valerie "Val" Renner
-----
?[YA] Kolb
[Demonverse] Tyler Gartner
[Alternate] (William?) Cavendish
???[Infected] Carl ("the insane level fifteen trainer")
??[Hobbs' World] Hobbs
?[Discipline] Ali
?[Lament] Guardian Clark
?[Gwen Farris] Darren Westmorland (switched places with Billy Cavendish? Only mentioned by Billy in Monsters [GF 2], never mentioned in DE, so probably died early when Zombies came)
![DE] Billy Cavendish (encountered in Gwen Ferris, took the place of Darren Westmorland)
-----
[Demonverse] unspecified woman in Eve's vampire class
[Alternate] Clarissa (Chris' friend)
-----
[Demonverse] unspecified woman in Eve's vampire class
[Alternate] Beth (Chris' friend)
-----
[Demonverse] Darren (Larping gamer geek working at Burgerville, mentioned by Eve in AP4, not actually mentioned in any previous book)
[Alternate] Jamal (Chris' friend)
-----
[Demonverse] Jennifer "Jelly" Stone
[Alternate] Jennifer "Jelly" Stone
-----
[Alternate] Mariposa "Merry" of the Dawn
[Infected] Bridget "Impulse" Chambers
-----
[Demonverse] Vivian "Viv" (no last name ever given)
[Alternate] Vivian "Viv" Hobson
-----
[Demonverse] Rebekah (misspelled as Rebecca in AP4)
[Alternate] Rebeca Smith
-----
[YA] Kyle Hardgrove
[Discipline] Kyle Hardgrove
-----
[Infected] Parents of Doug "Gravity" Tibs
[*4] Parents of Mickey "Sure Shot" (moved from their reality to Infected before having Mickey)
-----
[Alternate] Agnes Miller
[Infected] Agnes Miller (replaced by a copy)
----
[Gwen Farris] Erin Debussy
[DE] Christine Cavendish (Billy Cavendish aka Darren Westmorland's mother)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Discussions of The Multiverse”