Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Rewrite and re-release of the first six Young Ancient books.

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Rewrite and re-release of the first six Young Ancient books.

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Jun 25, 2019 2:47 pm

Thanks Marcia! I think it's up, but I didn't look at the review yet.

(I try not to, to be honest. It's easier on the nerves, long term.)

So far things seem to be heating up well! Fingers crossed and please send what good wishes you can spare! :)

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Jun 25, 2019 9:33 pm

I've posted my review for all 6 books. You've my best wishes for success with this re-release of your early works.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:07 pm

Thank you! I have high hopes for them. If nothing else, they really are smoother and have better writing and editing. So, yay!

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Wed Jun 26, 2019 7:28 pm

I posted reviews for all 8 (including the 2 currently not available boxed sets) of the new books, but so far amazon is only showing them for 5 of them... annoying

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:34 pm

I noticed that Knight-Esquire didn't have anything going on. Their reporting is spotty as well as for sales and (probably) page reads.

Then, I think that it's very possible they have been under cyber attack in the last few days. A LOT of big companies and others have been. (Others... I don't know what we are allowed to share online. It might be a prelude to something larger though. I just have to shrug and go on, like everyone else.)

Still, if Amazon is having some site problems, then they are.

I can' only hope that everyone will be all right.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:53 pm

I hope some ML algo didn't throw a hissy fit because I posted reviews too fast or because they are the same (I specifically state that it's about all 6 new books). I'll wait a couple days to see if the others still show up, otherwise I'll try posting again.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 2:09 pm

Amazon seems to have gotten over it and the review is now showing up for all books :)

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:03 pm

That's pretty normal actually. This time my review posted right away, when I put one up yesterday, but sometimes it takes a day to get approved, like the time before last I did a review. I think some of them are randomly flagged for review by a person, perhaps some attempt at fighting review fraud. I don't know.

Anyway, just got done with my work day, time to catch up some more on my old-new P S power books re-read. So far I haven't noticed much of a difference really, as far as story, but it's much cleaner and shinier.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Jun 27, 2019 5:06 pm

The STORY hasn't changed. (I can't change that, since I have something like sixteen other books that could be messed up if I did that!) :)

I did add in comments, descriptions, foreshadowing (since I know the future better now...) and took out a lot of things that people find poor writing. This changed some of the ways that people seem to respond in the story. For instance, Tor comes across as a little less clueless than the first time...

*It was mainly about the editing though. That and the way it reads. I had to rework large parts of the early books, for instance. (Outside of plain old editing, which was also done.)

In short, I don't want to do it again, anytime soon, even if I should with all the early works. Maybe next month? I'm planning the next Keeley for late July/early August release. The new books are easier, in that I don't want to kill myself as much as I try to power through the work each day.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”