Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Rewrite and re-release of the first six Young Ancient books.

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Re: Rewrite and re-release of the first six Young Ancient books.

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:02 pm

I'm very much looking forward to any new books.

Probably best to wait a couple of months to see what the long term effects of the release of the Author Editions are. If it's worth it, you should probably do the same for at least Infected and Demons, as both of them have a long line of newer books where issues with the first one reduces the number of readers that go through the whole series once hooked.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Jun 28, 2019 5:39 pm

The issue is that things aren't selling like they used to. Other people, with books that are definitely no better are doing better, so it isn't a quality thing...

I'm beginning to wonder if the problem is that Amazon is throttling me.

Not because they are evil. But rather due to the fact that I put out so much content. Who else does that? One or two writers and... Scammers.

I'm thinking of trying to start a new, different account with them, that will separate me from the account (so new name and everything) to see if that's what's going on.

I also have a side project that I'm considering. If I can't sell enough books to put food on the table one way, I might well manage it in another.

Nary
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Nary » Mon Jul 08, 2019 2:48 pm

Just read the new editions of this series, I liked it! Cleaned up a lot of the editing and smoothed out the story without changing it. Good Job! Happy to have a new excuse to reread the series :D

My only concern is Slave Line 22% at location 1134 bottom of the page "Terlee did, gesturing at her stomach, which was flat again. She'd had her first child already, a girl named Veronica. After the Princess of the same name."

I had hoped this would be edited out as it is a continuity error or at least have the name corrected to her eldest child. Nowhere after this statement in any of the future books is Terlee mentioned having a daughter, Its repeatedly stated elsewhere her only children are Clemence and Dumas Thompson as countier First and Second.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Jul 11, 2019 2:54 am

That story will be coming. Later. It's a bit sad.

*What? You thought I left that one by accident? Nope. I just haven't had a really Terlee focused book yet. It may show up in someone else's book.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:09 pm

There is also the story of Prince Christoph...

Which isn't a bad one at all. (He's Prince Benjamin. Christoph is his first name. He has a lot of them, but they aren't all commonly used.) (Yes, I have to check the names in the books. I seed these things in and then have to reread the books to find them, half the time. Grrr. I should have a perfect memory, darn it!) :)

pieter
Early Reader

Unread postby pieter » Tue Sep 17, 2019 5:01 am

Hi Dale,

Couple of suggestions.
(I have finished reading YA just as the new editions started to come out so i did not want to re-read immediately but have done so now)

I don't know if you know about the author group on Facebook 20BooksTo50K, a lot of the authors there is doing a strategy called rapid release where they release at least once a month or quicker, because the data suggest that amazon does more pushing of a newer book (typically 28 days) than older books.

Michael Anderle, who started it has tons of books and co-authored books out and started his own publishing house, but i think in the last 3 years he released over a 100 books with his name on and is very well ranked and popular right now, so I do not think the volume or speed you release negatively influence you unless you release to slow and people have given up on the next book by the time it release.

Another thing you might try that has been mentioned by some members re-releasing, is that contacting amazon directly will sometimes get them to move over the reviews, which is good if you have a lot of 5 star reviews, but it could be bad if a lot of reviews complains about errors that has now been fixed. It might put of people when it is not a problem any more. But it is an option to think about.

Also I noticed that the linking from one book to the next (buy next book in series) is not always showing up on my kindle app (android) at the end of the new books, you might want to make sure with amazon that that is working.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:59 am

Amazon will listen to YOU more than me on that last bit. (They don't listen to authors much at all.)

As for rapid release... That, once a month, or more, is about the pattern I've been holding to for years. Don't take my slight annoyance over procedural things with a lack of success. I'm still doing way better than the vast, VAST majority of people on 20BooksTo50K. (Of which I'm a member. They don't have anything going on that I'm not already doing and was before they started.)

If there is a negative influence of rapid release it would be with the readers. I can't track that part, but it's possible that some people don't even look for a new book in a series for a year after the release of the last one. (Still. It's just how a lot of people were trained to think...) That might not be a problem, but it might also be.

*Now, there is a small possible issue in that some of my political content has gotten me downgraded in the Amazon system. I have noticed that certain books, with certain content, were never shown in the system to other people. (It looks very different when I go incognito and check out Amazon than when I do it from my own account!) :) That may, or may not, be a thing. If so, it's sketchy as fudge, but it's nearly impossible to prove or disprove, so I'm not going to spend a lot of time worrying about that.

What I can tell you is that books with nothing political in them suddenly spring up to the top, really fast. (Crystals of Memory, for instance, did great.) Also, high fantasy does best for me. That's always been the case. I should focus on that for a while, to be honest, but I've always liked to play in multiple genres. It's more interesting for me.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”