Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Kindred Discussion *** SPOILERS ***

The Young Ancients, The Young Ancients: Erotic Moments & The Young Ancients: Second Cycle series.
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Kindred Discussion *** SPOILERS ***

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Apr 05, 2016 7:55 am

It may be oversimplification, but I've always thought of field devises as batteries. Wood -lead/acid, metal -carbon/zinc, stone - lithium/ion, etc. The wizard is the charger. The stronger the wizard the faster, deeper the imprint. It seem to be a good model. Over charging could ruin both the battery and the charger. Self sustaining field devises would fall into something of a hybrid model, where the wizard left something of himself behind. Also, throughout all the series, balance, equilibrium has been the theme. So, if we have God as the Great Equalizer, (per Keeley, Eve, Tyler) and Angels via the same storyline, then we must also must have Devils( not greater demons) that make up the head Adversaries, not necessarily the insane at the end of time. I don't think we've met those characters yet, unless Dale has hidden them really good. Like he usually does. Just my take on the whole thing.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:22 am

Merry is, genetically speaking, a normal human being.

:)

At least the one that we've seen.

Also: Extra spoiler hint. Jake/Mickey/Doug... Just so no one thinks that what is coming is a mistake.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Wed Apr 06, 2016 3:41 pm

I actually remembered that a bit after posting - that she was normal, but the device allowed her masters to push powers through to her. Although, part of me half suspected that they could be altered and the devices just triggering the powers. I'll call shenanigans if that is true, but take your word for it ;)

rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:02 pm

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:13 pm

Cool, we're on the same page there then. I thought I might have missed something with the Eve/Eva/Evil bit when I first posted - but if someone agrees with me, I'm good.

I also agree about the pros and cons... there was a lot of buildup for the Saturn trip for nothing to really happen - there could have been a bit of conflict there with bringing all the alien races together, etc, with the world - Marco going on a bender... something.

"Second City" on the moon are really going to get annoyed when "First City" on Mars starts their tourism campaign.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:47 am

Hmm, interesting.

What I got out of that was that the evil side.... Isn't. Evil that is. Maybe the high muckity mucks are, but otherwise they just have a different point of view and see themselves as good. To me it was a simple reinforcement of that idea from the commit books.

Eva isn't based on him at all, but on Tiera, not sure I understood that part. Maybe I need to reread. Evil Eve? Did I miss something? She seemed very consistent with other places Eve to me.

brainsniffer
Avid Reader

Unread postby brainsniffer » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:20 pm

The shell of Eva was based of Tiera, but you'd expect the gooey center to be based on Dareg, because it was built from him, and his understanding of things.

The Evil Eve part was when Dareg met the other Dareg in his room he mentioned he came to this reality following (paraphrasing) "The evil woman, there are hundreds of her" - which led us to believe it was either Eva, or because Eve had just shown up in this reality and she was the Tiera of another reality and very similar it could have been her. In fact, unless Eva was in another reality (more than possible) or there was another Tiera/Eve/? that came in, then he probably followed Eve in - because we know that she came from another reality at that time. The "other" Dareg called her evil, although he thought "our" Dareg could be evil too - so... y'know, we aren't sure how he sees things.

And you're right - that's one of the best ways to treat evil characters over all - they're not bad, they are just doing the best thing from their point of view, with all the right intentions. Hitler probably thought he was a hero, doing the best thing he could for Germany, etc. And I know, invoking Hitler is the worst of all internet discussion faux pas.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Young Ancients”