Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

The Infected: Underground. Live. That's right... It's alive!!!

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: The Infected: Underground. Live. That's right... It's alive!!!

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:20 am

I keep saying that I don't think they are doing anything illegal. Now, I DO think it would be just as bad to assume they have more than their own interests at heart in this as to suggest some kind of personal anti-me (and anti-indie) agenda.

All of which changes very little on my end. I need to figure out how to get the word out to people that things are changing, in hopes that they'll support me in them!

Does anyone have any ideas on how to promote a Patreaon page? I'm planning on inserting back matter in all of the books, as they leave KU, but really, that's all I have so far.

:)

Thanks for any help or ideas you might have!

pieter
Early Reader

Unread postby pieter » Tue Sep 17, 2019 1:45 am

Just my 2 cents but why wait until they are out of kindle.

Maybe don't do the explain of why they are out until they are out, but putting a link to your Patreaon page in the back while they are in ku should be fine, the same as people putting in links to there email list.

Something like
To support me and get more from myself please visit my Patreaon page.

(I know not great copy, somebody can probably come up with something better)

But as long as it is not amazon bashing they should not have an issue with you having a link to a page that offers people the opportunity to link with you and support you

I don't think the average person coming to your site to see announcements or available books go through the forums etc. and the blog is not always easy to get the right link, so make sure your Patreaon link is clear on your homepage and facebook etc.

It is basic and there is probably a lot more that could be done, but that is just quickly off the top of my head.
I guess Patreaon will have some blogs on how to advertise.

Not sure if you want to go further but upping your presence YouTube and Facebook could be used to advertise both your books and Patreaon. But personally that is a lot of work for me, not really the social media kind of person.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:05 am

Pieter, I think the problem is contractual. Any book on KU can't be listed elsewhere. It's an exclusive listing, therefore, unable to be purchased(or even advertised for sale? ) unless through KU. So Amazon has the author locked up that way until they drop out of KU.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Sep 20, 2019 5:50 am

When you are in KU you sign a "contract" saying you will not post the book or work anywhere else for 90 days. This automatically renews every 90 days, unless you opt out. So, books that are in the program may take up to that long to be out of it.

If you just opt out (while you have time remaining on the "contract") and then put the book someplace else, Amazon will hold you in breach of contract and cancel your entire account, forever.

Right now, I can't afford to truly get off Amazon. I'm slowly and carefully moving away from them, but as far as I can tell putting a link to Patreon in the back of the book isn't a problem, nor is giving away copies of my work privately.

Things are delicate, but I'm aware of the potential pitfalls and moving carefully. It should be fine. :)

pieter
Early Reader

Unread postby pieter » Fri Sep 20, 2019 7:14 am

Maybe a miss understanding, I see my first sentence could be interpreted as doing everything you plan while the books are part of KU.
I was not suggesting giving out / selling any books still part of KU. That is against the TOS as said and will cause problems.

I was talking about updating the back matter with the Patreaon details. That can be done even while in KU. As long the books you make available to certain Patreaon levels is not in KU.

But the link in the back matter and getting people to sponsor you through Patreaon can happen while the books are still in KU.

Hopefully this will resolve some of the confusion

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Sep 22, 2019 10:50 am

That's what I understood you to be saying. :)

So, no confusion. Yay! (Which can happen. No harm in clarifying. None at all.)

willallen1
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby willallen1 » Mon Sep 23, 2019 3:45 pm

Whatever. I just wanted to say I loved the new book. I need to get over to Patreon and sign up as well. Anything I can do to support one of my favorite Indie authors.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Sep 26, 2019 10:39 am

The trick here is that I'm hoping to actually give every single person a good return on their investment in my work. In the end, if all goes well, my plan is to make it so that anyone who bothers to support my efforts doesn't lose anything in the process.

That's going to take work and might not be possible, but it's what I'm going for here. thanks, everyone!

pieter
Early Reader

Unread postby pieter » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:29 am

I'm still deciding which level to go at Patreon but i think your prices for the levels are good value. Some people have Patreon levels that gives early access, but no discounts or anything more, just a few days early and chare $50 (normally youtubers), I just can see how that makes any sense.

Your level aren't trying to rob anyone and the value you get does seem comparable to what you get, even if some of the things are difficult to judge values (e.g. newsletters)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:41 pm

I am planning a very awesome newsletter.

:)

Fingers crossed that I pull this off? There will be extra content in them, that I think people are not expecting yet...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”