Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Well, It looks like the good times are over!

The trilogy, based in the Demonverse.
David
Voracious Reader

Re: Well, It looks like the good times are over!

Unread postby David » Thu Feb 05, 2015 11:09 am

The rape part is pretty easy, it defines how Eve sees the world, and the whole book is from her point of view and even she admits that she doesn't have a healthy outlook on sex or relationships. It's not about the author saying rape is no big deal, it's about saying Eve had a screwed up childhood and part of her is very broken, but she is strong in spite of it. It seems odd to type this, it seems beyond obvious that the reviewer took it personally and let her issues compose a one star hit piece.

Greater Demons didn't need to be fully defined, Eve's story is all about finding out about the vampire world and her life. If people want to know more about greater demons, read the two series with them as leads. Having that fully fleshed out would not have enhanced the story and would have approached the level of minutia. There was enough there to understand what they were. I think that applies to the rest of the races as well and perhaps we will get stories for them as well.

As far as the rest, that is personal preference and the author's style, which I happen to enjoy a lot.

Perhaps if there are enough 4 and 5 star reviews it could skew it back up and be less of an issue? I thought the bias works on the average rating, not the presence of a one star? Is that wrong?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:09 pm

I get it. You think I suck.

Thanks. That really makes me feel better. You know, fuck it. You win. I'll go and find something else to do with my time.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:55 pm

The problem is its nitpicking. The stories are already great, so many perfectly polished books from authors that only write once a year have mediocre story lines. Dale's protagonists may have some similarities but he is unique in story and flow. I can't really think of another author that compares. So many authors now give out cookie cutter plots that feel familiar because you've read the same story over and over. Complaining that an author sounds to much like himself is foolish.

You guys might mean well but it's not helping. It isn't even important in the scheme of things and the timing of the delivery leaves much to be desired. I like my one story a month, proofreading then buying it to read it again.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:30 pm

Wow man... It was an attack, and a lot of it confused personal style with poor writing skills. (Possibly without realizing it. I'm not reading your mind, so I wouldn't know.)

Yes, I'm not perfect. I admit it. But a lot of what you put forth as being flawed are things added on purpose, sometimes for reasons that you may not understand consciously. For instance, asking questions cause people to engage more neural work to the story, which in the end creates greater engagement with the tale being told. I do that on purpose, to enhance the experience. You see it as a flaw, because someone told you it was once, without giving you a real reason, most likely.

You confuse your own political sense of things, such as rape being taken lightly because it isn't presented with tears at every mention, with... Actually I don't know.

Are some words over used? Sure.

Are ALL the phrases you mentioned above put there to create a sense of an in-group linguistics? Yep. You do know what that is and why it might be used, don't you? You seem not to understand that part.

The thing here is that you attacked at the wrong time, and it worked, doing exactly what you wanted it to. You criticized just enough to drive me away from what I was doing, taking all the fun out of it for me. Is that constructive?

I suppose it is, if your goal is to tear other people down and get them not to do what they have been.

Luckily you all pointed out to me that I'm not very good. Before, you know, I put in all that time and effort on things.

Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:47 pm

At least reviews like that aren't used for peoples purchase of the book. Sure everyone has a type of book they like but if the person doing the reviewing doesn't state things that they truly don't' like about the book that aren't lies, then others won't even consider it as a reason to buy the book or not. Also I'm guessing any new sales to this book will have them instantly buying the Keeley/Zack books since as you all know, there are ton of people who only read vampire novels etc...

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:10 pm

An now another person is putting in a faked up one star review in order to tear things down? This is part of a conspiracy, at a guess. Well, you know what? Fine. I give up.

Thanks, all of you who aren't like that.

I appreciate it.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Feb 05, 2015 7:15 pm

Yes, I know, some of you won't agree that this is faked up. Because you're either nice, or don't realize that people do things like this.

Well, since I'm being attacked and torn down anyway, I might as well point this out for people.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Eve Benson: Vampire”