Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Scotch

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
twips182
Voracious Reader

Re: Scotch

Unread postby twips182 » Sat Jun 21, 2014 5:40 pm

Ah.. never made it to Hamburg. I did go to Frankfurt and some other smaller towns tho. One of my friends was in the Berlin Brigade before the wall fell and has lots of interesting stories about going over to East Berlin and how different it was at the time. I'd like to go back but will probably never get the chance. Lots of other places that I've never been that I'd like to see. Of course my mother in law has determined that my vacation will be in Minnesota this summer so maybe next year I'll get to go somewhere I haven't been. I wouldn't mind going out east to Washington and see the various monuments.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:11 pm

So the roofer came out and takes a look before telling me in his best Texas accent "Yer roof ain't no good." So in my head I say "$%$ %^$ % ^&# $#%$#% #$%^$%^$%&^ #$%^$%^%!!!!!!!" Before politely responding "Well sir I only intend to live here about 5 more years so can you just fix it instead of putting on a whole new roof?" Then he said something I've heard about 5000 times while living in Texas. "Where you from boy?" (I'm in my mid 40's as most of you know) So I said "Well sir I'm from right here..this is where I live." He raised an eyebrow and said "before an this." So I mumble Minnesota and he makes a grunting sound before telling me he can fix it. So anyway I have what's supposed to be a 20 year roof that's actually a 6 year roof...Does anyone else hear banjos playing in the background?

Robert Earl Keen 1989
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:22 pm

Hey Twips,

Come back to Minnesota where they have a "Flood of the Century" every 6th year instead! :D

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:52 pm

Oh I intend to Argy. A few more years and I'll be done here and on my way home. Almost all you guys live fairly close to each other so we can all meet half way and have a nice meal and 18 year old scotch to wash it down. Maybe we can even get Dale to fly in for the weekend. :)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:35 pm

So I saw on the other forum that Dale is talking about a Sarah book and I couldn't be more pleased. That book sounds almost as good to me as a new Tor book. To celebrate I believe I'll have some scotch a little early today. Cheers!

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:34 pm

Well, I just opened an e-mail from Kindle, they are now instituting a program called Kindle Unlimited. You give them $9.99 a month and in return, the allow you to read( ,and hear audible books ) any of 600,000 books. In the terms,however, that isn't all the books available . And I don't know if it includes any books I'd like to read. Also, you only borrow them they don't say how long you get to keep them. So, I don't know if it will work out or not. Anybody know anything about it?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:36 pm

Hey Ron I was curious about the program as well. What I don't understand is how they will pay the authors. If I signed up for the program could I read an authors entire catalog for 10 bucks when the value of the books is say 100 dollars? If you only read books once it sounds like a great deal for the reader. I like to read my books several times and often check back to look things up when I'm reading a series so not sure if it would work for me. Maybe Dale can shed some light on it. I would think amazon would send the authors some kind of notice on how payment would be handled. I expect the 600000 books are those that don't sell well or something and maybe the authors could make out better with amazon throwing them something for each "rental". I think they have like 3 million books available so that would be about 20% of the books you could access with the program. (Not sure on the 3 million number..I tried to look it up and got numbers from 2 million to 12 million)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:57 pm

A percentage of your money goes into a pot. Whenever someone reads at least 10% of your book you get some cash. Most people don't read as much as most of us here, so they will still make out by the averages.

Keep in mind these would only be books in the select program, meaning offered exclusively by Amazon, which will leave out those expensive 10 dollar publisher books you are talking about.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 pm

Thank you David. Please enjoy this complimentary glass of 10 year old Laphroaig single malt scotch. :)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sat Jul 19, 2014 6:45 am

Was thinking it would maybe only include the free books available now which would be pretty much worthless. . Certainly wouldn't include most (or any) higher priced books. And the author's cut was the first thing I thought about, since we've been having the discussion about royalties on the other topic. So, yeah probably inaction on my part.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”