Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

Scotch

Welcome to McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge! Where talk of our fine drinks are mixed with deep conversation of various "Power"ful book series.

Make sure to wipe your feet at the door and no roughhousing as we're friends with multiple high demons...
twips182
Voracious Reader

Re: Scotch

Unread postby twips182 » Sat Jun 07, 2014 4:10 pm

Very well put indeed Ron! In fact I think it we could turn it into one of the events at the first annual PS Power book convention to take place summer 2015. It's all pretty hush hush yet so keep it here on the private scotch forum that nobody reads. See the event will go like this...we have several bottles of scotch that we remove the labels on and then guests will try to guess which is which with a prize to the winner. Now of course we don't have a prayer of beating out Estrid and her dunking booth (That tight soaking wet swimsuit with...) So anyway we have to go with what we got. Ron you'll be working with me since Argy has to work with Marcia in the first aid booth.

Oh and Ron I got the spot next to the dunking booth so bring that high dollar camera with the zoom lens you got 8-)

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sat Jun 07, 2014 7:35 pm

So I think we hold off on the dunk tank till after the scotch tasting, that way Estrid stays dry and pretty much motionless. Good for lots of steady photos. After the tasting nobody's gonna hit that target. Do you think we could get Estrid up on a trampoline?

Um,just to brag a little, my grandson' s little league team finished undefeated for the season. 11-0- 1 tie called for darkness. Congrats li'l rebels.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Sun Jun 08, 2014 4:19 pm

First of all Ron congratulations on your grandsons excellent little league season! Ron I think getting Estrid on a trampoline (after the dunking booth) is a very good idea. She's certainly not going to get up there if I ask her. However if Marcia were to ask her as a favor to Dale as a fundraiser or some such thing it could work. We would have to go with a high speed video camera for something like that tho (I'll make sure you get a copy) I'll tell you what Ron.. I'll provide the scotch for our booth and you get with Marcia about getting Estrid on the trampoline. Just remember to present it to her as a charity thing ...saving the orange feathered sparrow or something. Marcia likes birds. Now before you say "why do I have to do it?". Remember that Marcia's husband watches me like a hawk and thinks I'm up to no good. You on the other hand Ron are much loved by all and can offer the suggestion with little or no fear of injury. Lets have a big GO TEAM and get to it. :D

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Sun Jun 08, 2014 7:35 pm

How about........ Maybe we could, instead of trampolines, we bring in bounce houses ask for an inspector so no little children could be harmed by using them, and, and we need video of the test for legal reasons. You'll have to do that though, my wife keeps me on a short leash, a choke collar actually, and a lot lower than on my neck. It was part of our vows, it was the only way I got to keep them at all.

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Tue Jun 10, 2014 4:19 pm

Lol no worries Ron we just send John with his Julie Andrews cut out date over to the wife so he can introduce her. Then while that's going on we take care of our business. :)

Robert Earl Keen 1989
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 4:11 pm

So my wife and I had a little argument about going home to visit the family over the summer. I felt it was a bad idea as I'm up to my neck in work. We went back and forth about it and I thought we had come to an agreement. Then last night my mother in law calls me and lays down the law. This women talks to me like I'm still the kid that showed up at her house to pick up her daughter for the prom. I didn't get in a complete sentence during a 10 minute phone call. So anyway I got slapped around for about 10 minutes and now I have to go to Minnesota for a week and most likely get beat down the whole time I'm there. So how are you guys doing?

Robert Earl Keen 1989
Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:29 pm

Well,... now that school's out, I'm not driving bus. So I figured vacation, WRONG! The wife announced we're having a garage sale. So, set up 4x8 tables to fill a three car garage, lift and tote junk from the basement, construct hanging bars from the rafters to hang the clothes I carry from the upstairs closets. While at the same time she requests a project of a twin bed bench made by cutting the foot board in half and securing the halves to the headboard and creating a seat between them. Just fine, except it's a canopy bed, so I'm cutting and bending tubing to make a canopy to fit. Did drive down to Detroit to see the Tigers get creamed by K.C. ($#&@!!) Got out of the game just as rush hour hit I-75 it took 2-1/2 hours to travel 17 miles from the D to Pontiac, where traffic lifted(&$@$##!) And it's only the middle of June. AND HOW IS YOUR SUMMER!

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Fri Jun 20, 2014 1:25 pm

Hmmm, Schools out so kids and wife are off. Wife starts up summer school in 2 weeks though, more money at least. Saw our German exchange student off at Detroit Metro with many sobbing kids tagging along( I will miss him too). Wife just notified me that son is starting driving school this month. Work is the same, up and down busy wise.

Have not been to a Tigers game since Mark Fidrych was a pitcher. I avoid Detroit city driving wise as much as I can. But road construction in my town is backing up traffic all over.

Been mainly catching up on watching Anime on Netflix to disappear from doing yard work, if the son can drive he can drive a mower...

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Fri Jun 20, 2014 5:49 pm

Well it sounds like you fellas are in at least similar builds of boats as me. John what city was your German exchange student from? I spent some time in Crailsheim Germany with a family when I was in high school. I enjoyed my stay there and your post brought back some good memories.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:28 pm

He is from Hamburg. This was our third year of hosting. Our first was from Bangkok and last year was from Denmark.

We are taking a year off but will host again, it is a pretty rewarding experience for our whole family.

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “McArgy's Power Pub & Lounge”