Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

How do you work?

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
rawhite
Early Reader

How do you work?

Unread postby rawhite » Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:19 am

Greetings, O alien from another reality:

I don't know squat about writing, so perhaps this is incredibly rude or personal, and if so, I apologize.

[[ That's what you say before asking a rude and personal question. Right? I'm pretty sure that's right. ]]

So, how do you work? That is: fingers whizzing at the keyboard? Speech to text? I've seen a few homophone errors (i.e., affect/effect) that seem like the kind of thing a speech recognition thingy would get wrong, but that a human typing would not. Still, maybe that's the kind of error your fingers might make while your brain is in the fevered grip of the Muse. Also, I don't think I've seen a single there/their/they're error, which I'd expect from speech software.

Speech-to-text seems appealing, but … all that punctuation. Still, I've never tried anything like that (apart from my phone), so maybe professional-level systems have that sorted out.

Cheers,
--Bob

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: How do you work?

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Aug 16, 2022 1:46 pm

I type. Generally about 10,000 words a day or more on writing days.

As for errors... yes, I know. I'm working on that. Part of the issue is that people read the errors in books that I wrote years ago, sometimes with a hundred complete novels between then and now, so they aren't always seeing my best work.

Then again, I have to admit that I'm not perfect at all, so even on new works, things still slip through that way. No matter how much editing is done.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”