Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

New books coming.

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
PS Power
Site Admin

New books coming.

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Jul 09, 2019 6:18 pm

It will be some weeks, but there are going to be some new titles coming soon!

"As Evil Does" (Once a Demon Book Three) is up next.

After that there will be a combination of refurbished older titles, along with new works, through the rest of the year.

*I'll get feedback on what titles people want first, but the second Crystals of Memory is screaming to be written, so that WILL be in the mix.

There are also some new series that will be coming as well. I'm getting excited about some of what I have planned!

The next Fear of Clowns will be coming up, as well as a new Nicole Lawson title. Maybe even a Cassie Power? (That's Romance.) I'm hoping to do one new "real" title, or Author's Edition series, along with one of these each month for the rest of the year.

I know things have been a bit slow for a bit, but I figure that shaking things up and keeping a stead flow of new and interesting work coming out will just about set things in motion in a big way!

That's the plan, anyway.

:)

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Re: New books coming.

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Jul 09, 2019 11:50 pm

Fantastic. I'm always looking forward to new books from you. Whenever one comes out, I'm dropping whatever I'm currently reading to read yours first.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Jul 12, 2019 12:41 am

Really? I have to finish the book I'm reading first. Always. Neat, though!

:)

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Fri Jul 12, 2019 5:44 am

I'm also reading about 30 different webnovels (mostly translations of chinese, japanese or korean webnovels) at the same time, with new chapters coming out pretty much daily, so I'm well used to having a large number of stories "in flight" and switching over to your latest book whenever it comes out is a non-issue.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:32 am

For me it depends on how sucked in I am. I usually drop everything for the proofread run, Dale's just that high in my favorite authors list. So, after buying the book the re-read can kind of wait until I'm finished with the current book.

I've read a few web novels, but I usually wait until they're done, my personality doesn't do well with patiently waiting for chapters. I hate waiting once I've started, and tend to read a book in a single day as long as it's under a hundred k, and even then in two days.

The only books that have ever taken me longer than two days to read are the Tarrin Kael books. Each of the books in that series is as long as most other five book series. They all have like twenty thousand kindle locations. Good series by the way, if you have a couple of weeks to kill.

Really looking forward to the third Keeley by the way, I'll have to get in a re-read of the first two books soon.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sat Jul 13, 2019 12:23 am

The top 5 (size wise) of the translated web novels that I'm currently following have 4.0, 3.6, 3.4, 3.2, and 3.2 million words in the translations currently. The translations for all of these are still ongoing, and for most of them, the original language story, which is currently 1.5-3 times as long as what has been translated so far, are also still ongoing.

Given that a "usual" novel is about 100k words, that's the equivalent of 174 "standard novels" right there.

Sorting the list of translated webnovels that I'm currently following by word count, the first on that falls under 1 million words is at #58...

I usually go through about 100-200k words a day (mostly listening to it via TTS at 500% normal speed, so I have the hands free to work on things that don't occupy the speech center of the brain at the same time).

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:05 am

I know that while I'm working I can't listen to anything with words in it.

I'll start incorporating whatever is being talked about, on a subconscious level...

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:47 am

It's less of an issue if the work being done is washing dishes, hanging up laundry, vacuuming, ...

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:22 pm

I finished the rough draft for the new Keeley book today.

Yes, it goes places that will probably amaze and astound... (Baffle? Possibly.) It's a little short right now. I'll start the first edit tomorrow morning. Then, things will get wild. (I hope to have it out early next month. It should be out NOW, but I got lazy. That needs to stop.)

*I've been distracted by the news, mainly.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Sounds awesome, can't wait to read it.

The news is evil. I recommend sticking your head in the sand, and typing out books really fast. ;)

Of course, that might be coming from a selfish place.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”