Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:25 pm

I (temporarily?) put it away after reading the first few pages. While MA didn't write it, he still allows it to be published using the name of his series on the cover and himself listed as a coauthor. It's damaging to the brand IMO.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Dec 19, 2016 10:57 pm

Quality is always a bit of a mixed bag with these.

First, because as you said, it's a Web Novel, so it's really more a "first draft" than a polished product (though the better ones DO get turned into, usually heavily edited, "light novels" later, which smooth out a lot of sharp edges of the Web Novel).

Second, because it's an amateur translation on top.

Having said that, as someone who is constantly running out of reading material after scratching the bottom of the barrel on Amazon (KU eligible), SOL, and quite a number of other sources, the discovery of these fan translated asian fantasy novels has provided a welcome source of mostly entertaining new material.

As for the spider story specifically, there actually is a larger plot, but it only takes off starting around Chapter 150 once the spider leaves the dungeon. Up till then, most of the larger plot is developed in the side story chapters.

There are also a lot of hidden hints about later developments in these first 150 chapters that are only noticeable with hindsight once the main plot really gets going.

Without going into too much detail so as not to spoil anything, the spider is actually more of a spider than you might think... And there is a very good reason why the world works in this game-like manner the way it does.

Pyottl
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Pyottl » Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:29 am

Ya, but from what I gathered I'm not sure the later "plot" is actually an improvement. ^^; Oh well, I might get around to reading 'The Girl Who Bore the Flame Ring'. Read 'The Girl Who Ate the Reaper' a few years back and that was actually surprisingly interesting. Same author, so might be similar.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:06 am

Justice is calling really has nothing to do with the kurth series. And I can only say it shows that it wasn't the series author doing the book. I mean. It wasn't total trash, but it wasn't at the same level as the originals. Its good for reading as a placeholder.

Yes The Dive is one of the litrpgs that come off as. A game. But at the same time its also much closer to like what the first two books in the Alterworld series were. Before they jumped down the crapper. Like I said, I avoided it for much the same reason on top of what I had stated too. And after reading both books. I am glad I read them after all. Its a great story.

That said. In the vein of high fantasy. I give you Orconomics. If you haven't read it. Do so. Its not a litrpg. It's somewhat reminiscent of Drew Hayes' NPCs.

http://a.co/1IyRlTu

readerjunkie
Early Reader

Unread postby readerjunkie » Wed Dec 21, 2016 1:35 pm

A Touch of Magic (The Llandra Saga Book 1)

Ascendant

A Crucible of Souls

Rogue Magician (The Magician Rebellion Book 1) (!!!Great series!!!)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”