Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
Mark
Avid Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby Mark » Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:21 pm

Infernal Father of Mine (Overworld Chronicles) by John Corwin. Just popped up!

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:18 am

Just killing time, I found J. R. Rain. Has an urban fantasy -Samantha Moon series- an eight book and one novella box set on sale in the Kindle store for $.99. Samantha Moon is a vampire/detective. The vampirism is frosting on the cake of a good series of detective/mystery novels. Lots of interesting characters and great character development with offshoot books offered for some of her helpers. For $.99 can't beat the value.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:24 am

I've Been looking through the free books in sifi/fantasy on amazon and I'm hitting about 1 for 5 that I read more then a chapter. Did hit one recently that I read all the way through and enjoyed fairly well. Ghostwalker by Ben Cassidy. Like I said it's free so no loss if you don't like it.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 9:33 am

Blood Song by Anthony Ryan is very good. The second book Tower Lord comes out this summer.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:11 pm

Looks like blood song would be good, but the second book is 11.99 when it comes out.

I hate penguin, they have the most overpriced books and their editing isn't all that great.

To be fair, it will have 624 pages, which means under 2 cents a page... But still. 12 bucks for a file download doesn't make me want to start the series.

I guess I'll decide after reading book 1 if it's worth continuing. Which means the above rant was worthless. :)

twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:19 am

You're right David and normally I wouldn't pay that much for a book. Blood Song is half the price of the second book and also weighs in at almost 600 pages. In my opinion It's well worth the 6 dollars. This book hooked me like the YA series did which doesn't happen often. Ryan and Dale are at opposite ends of book writing though. Dale churns out books faster then any author out there. Ryan takes like 2 years between books. That brings something to mind. Some people poke at Dale for the occasional typo etc..personally I'm amazed at how few there are for how fast he puts out books. If Dale were to take as long as Ryan does to release a book it would be like 5000 pages and spotless. Anyway David I hope you enjoy it :)

Robert Earl Keen 1989

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”