Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
David
Voracious Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby David » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:14 am

Conrad books were okay, except near the end of the third book disgusted me so much I stopped reading at 97%

jjmgreen
Early Reader

Unread postby jjmgreen » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:21 pm

for superhero-ish fixes

I Did not Give that Spider Superhuman Intelligence by Richard Roberts
Mic Drop by R. J. Ross

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Dec 14, 2016 2:41 pm

Hey everybody, Christmas/Holiday treats for everyone: first, we know Iron Edge by P. S. Power is on tap for the 15 th (tomorrow), on the 19th, Richard Raley drops The King Henry Tapes FM7 ( supposedly an 800 page monster) and on the 25 th, Michael Anderle gifts us with The Dark Messiah, a Kurtherian Gambit book. Just polishing up my reading glasses! Thank you Santa, and all authors everywhere!

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
rockhazard
Avid Reader

Unread postby rockhazard » Thu Dec 15, 2016 5:40 pm

"If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason." --Jack Handey
Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:31 am

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JOC3G82/re ... vybR4KTNE4

For all us lovers of Lit RPG, if you haven't already read this one. Do so. I have to say, I made the classic reader's mistake, and took the not all that thrilling cover, and not all that informative blurb and passed this book over until the second one was released. After I saw it, and read the blurb, I decided to go back and read the first one. I was unable stop reading them. Period. I went through the first one, and immediately started the second. The only time I stopped reading was when my eyes were burning and I had 20% left in the second one to go.

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Dec 19, 2016 6:45 am

Reading the blurb, this sounds like another one of these "people playing VRMMORPGs" books, which i can't stand.

Now, I like stories with game elements, skills, levels, attributes, and so on well enough. But only in a setting where that is the "real" world, and not some game being played.

I much prefer the "person reincarnated (or summoned, or transfered) to another (rpg-like) world (with some cheat skill)" trope that seems to be most common in Japanese web novels over the "guy playing VRMMORPG" trope that seems to be more common in Korean web novels.

Extra points if the MC learns over time why that particular reality operates on such a game like system (without ending in "it's really just a game").

I'm open for any suggestions in that direction.

Pyottl
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Pyottl » Mon Dec 19, 2016 8:49 am

I'm still waiting for something in that genre that actually appeals to me. I like the idea, but none of the ones I saw seemed interesting enough. Well, alright, except for Alice Tale, but that one isn't exactly to be taken seriously, and the (fan) translation is mostly plain horrible, ha ha.

Third one in Schubach's Techromancy series is out. Typical for one of his series, it kinda stalls. It's still an OK read, Laney is still a great protagonist (thinking about it, she's a lot like the Power-protagonists and their determination to go through pain ^^), but otherwise there isn't all that much new to it. Next one sounds more interesting, though.

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Mon Dec 19, 2016 2:33 pm

Thanks for the update for the new Kurtherian Gambit book. Been looking forward to Dark Messiah and the return of Michael. Just picked up my copy of Jinxx by James Wallace. I liked his zombie books (not a huge fan of most in the this genre) but this first book in his fantasy series was truly engrossing.

I've finally got some time to catch up on my reading, now that my latest book has gone live. Just fiddling around with the paperback thing now. Boring!

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:03 pm

I wouldn't go out of your way to read the latest Kurtherian Gambit (Justice is Calling). It isn't all that great. The characters are flat and have significant personality changes in the matter of days. The world is poorly explained. The villain is cartoonish and his motivations are poorly explained. As I put in my review of the book, it's everything that's wrong with modern paranormal/urban fantasy/sci-fi stories rolled into one book.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”