Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
David
Voracious Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby David » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:07 pm

It's either 65 or 30% for Amazon, 70 or 35 for the author.

I'm not sure if that is just Indie's or if it includes publishers as well.

If you want the full lowdown... https://kdp.amazon.com/help?topicId=A30F3VI2TH1FR8

lc_allen29
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lc_allen29 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:52 am

David, thanks for the link. That is very informative. Now I need to get it written...

"If you have ever sat in a class and groaned when THAT annoying kid walked in you understand how hard it is to teach. If you are sitting in a class and you can't point out the annoying kid...it's you!"

Duane Forsom - educator, musician, martial artist, (in no specific order)
lc_allen29
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lc_allen29 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 6:21 pm

Now the new book is out, I'll be reading that! I'm also starting my first attempt at writing!

"If you have ever sat in a class and groaned when THAT annoying kid walked in you understand how hard it is to teach. If you are sitting in a class and you can't point out the annoying kid...it's you!"

Duane Forsom - educator, musician, martial artist, (in no specific order)
Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:13 pm

Second in The Dragon's Wrath series, litrpg like alterworld is out. Well worth the read if you game too.

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Fri Aug 14, 2015 3:09 pm

http://www.weavespinner.net/worlds_of_f ... rin%20Kael

This is a whole series. It's all about finding a remnant from the time the world was created that becomes active every five thousand years - something that can turn people into gods or do any number of other things, which is generally a very bad thing - and, when it's time try to not do anything at all with it. A hint: last time some human got it the result was a power hungry new god and a massive demon invasion. The world has a very colorful history, diverse cultures each with their own past mistakes and glory, with many different types of characters that can change a great deal over the books and lots of large scale battles. (Sending an army cause there's a rumor said artifact is in some other country is a very reasonable thing to do, right? Especially if said country is already at war with some other nation.) Assassinating competitors and champions (priests sent by gods) turns into the favorite passtime of many powers around the world and if you're looking for noble kings you're looking at the wrong series.

It's politics, love, friendship, suspicion, betrayal, battles, one on one fights with willing or unwilling opponents, assassinations, atrocities from all sides (MC does his fair share, too...) and generally greed as well as faith going totally out of control. Throw in the by now sealed god that used to be the human who got the artifact the last time and the whole world descends into chaos.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:47 pm

I'll second that, the follow on series, Pyrosian, was a good read as well, same world and characters as the staff series.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:04 pm

When I read The Worlds of Fel, there wasn't a Kindle friendly version. In one format you could do an infinite scroll, another had print too fine to read, and another would not allow you to break the internet connection and hold the doc. in memory. Difficult, but too good not to try. I've read ALL of Fel' s tales and loved them, I hope they fixed the compatibility issues.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:19 pm

Yeah, calibre is a free book format program that works really well. I downloaded the HTM copies then translated to mobi...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”