Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
Mark
Avid Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby Mark » Mon Aug 03, 2015 8:33 am

Hambly recently wrote some Antryg and Joanna short stories but I've never managed to get hold of them.

onlinedreamer
Early Reader

Unread postby onlinedreamer » Mon Aug 03, 2015 5:25 pm

I can recommend J. A. Sutherland's Alexis Carew series ('Into the Dark' & 'Mutineer' with the next out very soon). They're like what you'd get if Patrick O'Brien had written space operas - very character driven with enough action to keep it interesting. Just finished re-reading them (again!) in anticipation of the release of book 3 'The Little Ships'.

I'm also a fan of Mackey Chandler. The 'April' series is quite good (6 & counting) and I'm a huge fan of the 'Family Law' books - such an intriguing premise...

Chris Hechtl is another interesting writer. Warning: the editing and spelling in his early books is abysmal. The man should be beaten with an organic carrot for his abuse of homonyms alone! However, his story lines are good and his characters are engaging.

Bernard Lee DeLeo is another prolific writer I enjoy. Only a few sci/fant books with the majority action/adventure. His politics are so far to the right that he makes Rush Limbaugh sound like a lily-livered dilettante so 'caveat emptor!' if that's not your thing. His 'Cold Blooded' series is great - one of the best anti-heroes ever. The 'Rick Cantelli, P.I.' books make me laugh every time I read them and the 'Demon' series makes me want to get a dog of my own.

Quote of the day: 'Exite! Chemicus sum!' (latin, mod. - 'Watch out! I'm a scientist!')

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:21 am

As much as I liked the windrose books by hmably, I take extreme issue to her trying to charge as much for each short story as most authors do a full book. I refuse to pay 3.99 to 4.99 for 30-40 page short story.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Aug 04, 2015 1:46 pm

I agree. Mostly it's the publishing companies doing this, but there are some indie authors I won't touch either. Even a 100 pages for that price is stupid, anything over 3 cents a page is annoying, and 2 is better. 10 cents a page is just ridiculous, and insulting. I wonder how many people fall for it.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Wed Aug 05, 2015 11:45 am

Considering how 'much', I read and how little I make, lol I always look at pwge/word count, if a book has neither I will skip it. And yeah it is mainly big publishers setting ebook prices like 50¢ less than the hardback or paper back.

lc_allen29
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lc_allen29 » Wed Aug 05, 2015 7:38 pm

Anyone want to chime in on how much Amazon takes as their cut? I'm in the early stages of my first story (not yet a novel, but growing slowly over time). My wife has harped on me for spending all my time reading when I should be writing.

If not Amazon, then what other marketplace would get it out there?

"If you have ever sat in a class and groaned when THAT annoying kid walked in you understand how hard it is to teach. If you are sitting in a class and you can't point out the annoying kid...it's you!"

Duane Forsom - educator, musician, martial artist, (in no specific order)

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”