Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
willallen
Avid Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby willallen » Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:17 am

It was Mr. Frankowski, and from all accounts he had a dispute with Jim Baen over distribution and other issues so he got tossed. I'm not picking sides since I wasn't there but that was the rumor anyway. I'm glad his stuff is up for sale but I already had it all in dead tree form. Some of his ideas were decidedly sexist, but I enjoyed the odd world building in his Lord Conrad series. Poland rules the world in his time travel series.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:19 am

See. I both like and hate. Suttle's stuff. Her two newest are a step in the right direction but.. dude the way she has her female characters treated just drives me insane. Even moreso when she makes them basically gods. Hell all it takes is one rough word from a hubby and they have rapey cry sex. The way she had Rhea treated by her so called mates. I have to say the only good part she did to her story was have her turn her back on everyone but the guy at Ashe's farm. Thankfully two of the three current series she's working on, the heroine characters aren't totally beaten down and basic slaves to the heman men.

Edit: I admit whole heartedly to loving her Bumble series with no reservation.

Adam
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Adam » Thu Mar 12, 2015 5:55 pm

Hay guys don't know if anyone as herd of Alter World by D. Rus but go read it its great!

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Sat Mar 14, 2015 12:24 am

Just finished the schooled in magic by nutell. I honestly did not expect it to be so addictive that I'm pissed loves labor isn't out yet.

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:13 pm

Thanks for the suggestions. I am so mixed with Nutall. Some of his stuff I absolutely love, and other stuff doesn't move me at all. Loved Guardian Glass though. Now there is a book where you get your money's worth. Sucker is like 500 pages long.

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Tue Mar 17, 2015 5:40 pm

"Love's Labor's WON (Schooled in Magic 6)" by Christopher Nuttal:
Having casually agreed to host the next Magic Fair Emily has more or less ignored it. Until she arrives home for the summer and finds the mutant stepchild of a World's Fair and the Olympics camped out around her castle. To make matters much, much, worse the planners assumed that Emily would arrange security, and they invited EVERYONE. Including two Magical Families that should never, ever, mix.

It's out NOW!!!

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:52 pm

Marc Secchia's Shapeshifter series is excellent:

Aranya
Shadow Dragon
Pygmy Dragon
Dragonfriend (coming early next month)

The first few chapters of Aranya are a little rough and don't flow together very well, but it picks up quickly.

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:29 pm

O M F G!!!!

"A Game of Universe" Eric Nylund. Is out on Kindle!!!!! This is one of the best books EVER! I once paid over $40 for a ratty dogeared paperback of this and never regretted it!

"Pawn's Dream" Eric Nylund. Is also out on kindle.

These books have been out of print for decades!

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Thu Mar 19, 2015 5:30 pm

Love's Labor Won is now owned, so is the other two you mentioned Mark. I went a step farther and do what I normally don't. I got the Mortal Coils book by Nylund too even though it was 7.99. Here's to hoping it wasn't a waste.

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:59 pm

Mortal Coils is awesome! So is the second book All That Lives Must Die. ATLMD also has a bit of crossover with Pawn's Dream since there are members of the Dreaming Families attending the school Eliot and Fiona go to, and the characters from Dry Water get a shoutout in a throwaway line so they are in the same world. The third book "What Fools These Mortals" was in publisher limbo hell the last time I checked. The publisher doesn't want it, but has the rights to the series so he can't just put it out himself. But that was also the problem with the two that just came out so maybe there's hope.
Everything by Nylund is great!
His Sci-fi duology "Signal to Noise" and "Signal Shattered" is about a cryptologist making Faustian deals for supertechnology with an Alien Intelligence. It's got everything: Spys, hacking, Big Business, the end of the world, space exploration, posthumanity. Not to mention the immortal line, "The fleet in orbit is to impress you. If we really wanted you dead we would throw your planet into the sun".
Hopefully they will be next on kindle.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”