Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
David
Voracious Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby David » Tue Feb 24, 2015 9:51 am

I enjoyed Reed's story Parno's company. It wasn't that bad at all. I usually read the sample when people complain about proofreading just to see if it's as bad as they say. In this case it was not, but that's just my opinion. I care more about a good story...

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:16 am

DavePhipps, there are independent editors out there but the fact is, you get what you pay for. I have a connection who is setting me up with one such editor and we will see on my third book. Now, for the little short story I am about to release, "Hunger Driven", I will not be using an editor. It is only a little over 20,000 words and I am offering it for 99 cents exclusively on Kindle. This will let me put something in KU. But to get back to the point, I loved Parno's Company and I am waiting eagerly for Parno's Destiny.

The kicker is professionals, rightly so, expect to be paid for their time. I'm willing to pony up for a professional editor for "Hard Rain Falling", but others may not be a position where they can do so.

lc_allen29
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lc_allen29 » Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:15 am

I can see where professional editors could be a definite plus for the e-book community. I wonder if I could quit teaching and edit full time? That English degree must be good for something. I've done a little for Will, but between school and graduate school my time is very tight.

What is the going rate? How is it calculated? Do you go by pages, words, or percentage of profit? That last one would guarantee the best job possible as far as editing, but profit is tight in the publishing world. Uncle sugar gets his cut too don't forget.

"If you have ever sat in a class and groaned when THAT annoying kid walked in you understand how hard it is to teach. If you are sitting in a class and you can't point out the annoying kid...it's you!"

Duane Forsom - educator, musician, martial artist, (in no specific order)
willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:03 am

Welcome, brother. I told you this forum was a lot of fun.

Back on topic, Sean Leibling just released a pair of books, the God Effect and Chaos Game I think they are titled. Pretty good stories that represent a big departure from his Bullets, Brains and Babes series. Both are first books in their own series and the second books are out later this year.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:16 pm

I need.... something like the first couple kinsella books or the ell donsaii series. Or vaz. For some reason im on that kind of a kick.

manddscott
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby manddscott » Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:26 pm

I am going through my Kindle and listing authors (other than Dale) that I have multiple books for or even single books that I found to be very good reading. They are:
Shelley Adina - Lady of Devices series
William Allen - Walking in the rain series
Becca Andre - Final formula series
ZL Arkadie - Parched series
Andrew S Ball - Contractor (having to wait for the next book sucks though)
JL Bryan (several series)
Ben Cassidy - Chronicles of Zanthora series
Nicole Chase - Dark Betrayal trilogy
Tom Clancy - Without remorse (excellent standalone book) and others
John Corwyn - Overworld chronicles series (gets a bit boring after a few of the books)
Laurence Dahners - several series
Diane Duane - young wizards series
Delsheree Gladden - couple of series
Jolea Harrison- Guardians of the word series
Brian Kittrell - mages of bloodmyr series
Mercedes Lackey - Heralds of Valdemar series and others
Stieg Larsson - girl with the Dragon tattoo books
KC May - kinshield saga
LE Modessit - recluce series and others
Carol O'Connell - Judas Child (excellent standalone book) plus the Mallory series
Michael James Ploof - Whill of Agora series
Brian Rathbone - dawning of power trilogy
Liz Schulte - guardian trilogy
Christopher Stasheff - the warlock series
SM Stirling - The Change series and Conquistador (standalone book)

There are others, but too many to list them all as I originally wanted. Hope this helps. I got tired of having to correct the kindle autospellcheck.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Tue Mar 03, 2015 10:09 pm

That Contractor if it's the one with the alien dude offering magic. Was AWESOME.

manddscott
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby manddscott » Wed Mar 04, 2015 2:30 pm

That is the one. The sequel won't be out for a while though, and I will have to reread the first one to remember everything that happened.

TimRoss
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby TimRoss » Thu Mar 05, 2015 12:00 pm

just read the contractor. great first in series.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”