Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
Mark
Avid Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby Mark » Sat Aug 23, 2014 1:01 am

Study in Slaughter (Schooled in magic 3) by Christopher Nuttal. Is out. Emily's second year at magic school. Books 4 & 5 are writen.

Kinetic by hammingbyrd7 on SOL. is pretty good.

Necropolis (Royal sorceress 3) by Christopher Nuttal.

The sequel to Please don't tell my parents I'm a Supervilain has the working title "Well at least I didn't blow up OUR moon". But the author says the publisher wants it changed.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:58 pm

Just noticed Jeff Inlo has the Delver Magic series on sale, eight books, first two free, up through eight for .99¢ each. For how long I don't know. Enjoyable read if you haven't seen them yet.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Morningstar
Early Reader

Unread postby Morningstar » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:23 am

Don't know whether it's been mentioned yet, but I'm really enjoying the Cape High books by R. J. Ross. The series is about the first school for supers. Each book centres on a different kid trying to learn how to control their powers, interact with their fellow students, learn the rules of being a responsible cape. The powers are pretty varied as well. There are shape shifters, elemental manipulators, tanks, healers, sirens?,technophages, illusionists, telepaths to name just a few. The books are quite fast paced and are pretty funny. The first book is called Super Villain Dad. I hope you enjoy. D

"Something unknown is doing we don't know what." - Sir Arthur Eddington
Morningstar
Early Reader

Unread postby Morningstar » Thu Sep 11, 2014 5:29 am

Morningstar
Early Reader

Unread postby Morningstar » Thu Sep 11, 2014 6:16 am

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Fri Sep 12, 2014 3:20 pm

If you don't mind a bit of gay romance try heroes and villains by Harper Kingsley.

It's about an incredibly powerful wannabe superhero, an omega class which is very rare and at the very top of the power spectrum, who unfortunately just doesn't have the right kind of personality and ends up as a joke (he saved a woman from a burning house - and then puked because of the smell...)
A not quite as powerful Superhero starts crushing on him, his first real love - and acts like a lot of boys with a first crush and a few complexes, pulling their beloved's pigtails. Too bad the wannabe had been in love with him since he was a teenager, first rate hero worshipping, only to find his great idol is a dick.

So no adoring masses, fellow superheroes are jerks, day job is boring and the whole superheroing thing just isn't Vereint. So what's an omega class heavy hitter who wants to stretch his powers a bit, doesn't want to work a boring job and looks for a bit of adventure to do? Why, try switching sides of course!
Turns out being a villain is just the right thing for him to do. Comes with fame, screaming and adoring teenagers, a huge Fanbase and loads of fun. Let's not forget all the money and the cool secret base on the moon. Everybody loves Darkstar, even those who get robbed and certain immature superheroes.

It's a great book in my opinion because the characters all have their own quirks and react the way real humans would, not the typical ideal world thing many superhero stories promote. In those books nobody is perfect, the lines are blurred and while there is genuine good, genuine evil and outright stupidity exist as well. Not as good as P.S. Power, but it's still really good.

There is a webnovel by the same author with a completely different setting (postapocalyptic) as well.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Sat Sep 13, 2014 2:15 pm

I won't get the superhero high books because the cost to the number of pages is kind of out of whack for me. Though I did get the Distort Arc (Box set of the first four) through the Kindle Unlimited. They are actually pretty decent. Kind of reminds me of the Trials of Renegade X. Which, Awesome. Another superhero set would be Kevin Rau's HEROS series. Those I have bought every single one of so far. Nice continuity to it all. And of course there's the web serial SuperPowereds that'd been converted to books as well.

If you liked the Series Powers did with Jake AKA the Very Good Man. I just got done reading the first seven of a series on Kindle Unlimited by Chris Philbrook. Adrian's Undead Dairy. VERY good. Reminded me of the Very Good man series by far. A web serial that was converted to books.

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Sun Sep 14, 2014 3:14 pm

In the spirit of Dales upcoming smut release I recommend a book on SOL called:

"Melissa's Secrets" by Pookie. It is pure smut and not for the faint of heart. The whole story is one big writhing wad of tension, tension, and more tension. It reminds me of the parts of the young ancients where you just KNOW that everyone is screwing around behind Tor's back and manipulating him but you can't quite put your finger on it.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”