Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
manddscott
Intermediate Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby manddscott » Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:14 pm

One of the few books my wife and I agree on is "Judas Child" by Carol O'Connell. She also has a series out that has a very cool main character, but Judas Child is a standalone book. Few books surprise me with the ending. That one did.

gloomsayer
Early Reader

Unread postby gloomsayer » Wed Jul 16, 2014 10:13 pm

I recommend the Spare Heir Trilogy by Michael Southwick . The third book was just published on June 25th . The link above is for the omnibus edition. The first and best book of the series is currently only $0.99

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:24 pm

I'm currently reading "Deja Vu Ascension" by Ascendingauthor. It's very, very, very, long. In fact it's the longest work on storiesonline.net. I had to break it into three roughly equal books or kindle couldn't open it! Quality wise it reads like a cross between the early Young Ancients (TOR!) and Overworld Chronicles (cranked up to NC-17). If you want it and are patient you can cut and paste it from storiesonline, but I easily found a full zip by googling "Deja vu ascension download". My current modus operandi is to put anything I want into a word document using insert-object-text from file, save it as .txt, close and reopen the document (this strips out formatting that can confuse caliber), resave as .rtf, inport into Caliber, and convert to mobi.

Deja Vu Ascension can best be described as a "wimp to god" coming of age story with a very gradual progression (and lots of sex). The basic premise is about a bullied and abused teenager that experiences a deja vu episode (which is described as a slightly out of synch connection between parallel world versions of yourself) during a suicide attempt and due to freak circumstance one of him dies faster while the other survives with two distinct copies of his mind in one body. As the book progresses he gains more and more minds in distinct stages (doubling each time). Becoming more powerful each time. First to peak human levels, then superhuman, and eventually godlike and transcendent.

bdrosen
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby bdrosen » Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:17 pm

I liked Deja Vu Ascension a lot as well, but I had no issues loading it onto my Kindle touch. If you subscribe to SOL, you can download it in a variety of formats (zip, txt, pdb, kindle, epub, etc)

My main issue with this book was simply that it was so long that parts of it became a bit too repetitive - primarily the parts about shopping :) Also, the parts about "dating contest" ...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”