Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
willallen
Avid Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby willallen » Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:39 pm

I just reread "Stacy's Quest" by the obviously pen-named AK Steele and remembered wondering why this author never wrote a sequel. Awesome story of survival against the odds as a pampered Philadelphia girl adapts to the destruction of everything she knows. Well written and filled with chilling details, this story doesn't follow the "easy" route of making everyone still alive into monsters.

It was a nice change of pace for me as I took a break from zombies. My zombies, I mean. I'll be sending out beta copies of "A Feast for Crows" soon.

andyskou
Early Reader

Unread postby andyskou » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:27 am

Hero at Large (The Hunter Legacy Book 1)
by Timothy Ellis
There are five books in this series so far and I've enjoyed them all.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:30 pm

Freaking hilarious and full of snark. Grim Tidings by amanda lee

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Wed Nov 04, 2015 5:01 pm

Initiate (A Spell for Kia Book 1) byJ. P. Larson.

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Sun Nov 08, 2015 2:27 pm

Shadelit, I just downloaded Grim Tidings but haven't had a chance to start yet. I was finishing Tammy & Ringo by the incomparable N.C. Reed. And before that, I was reading Firestorm, written by my little brother, MC Allen. He's written a stand alone novel set in the "Walking in the Rain" universe. I think he is actually better at this writing stuff than I am but don't tell him. I just write books in my spare time as I am waiting for Mr. Power to grace us with a new release. After Shield of Innocence, I am simply in awe of his creativity.

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:40 am

Initiate (A Spell for Kia Book 1) by J. P. Larson. Kia age 12.

Novice (A Spell for Kia Book 2) by J. P. Larson. Kia age 14. Her happiest year. Almost nothing horrible happens to her.

Apprentice (A Spell for Kia Book 3) by J. P. Larson. Kia age 16. Kia is locked in a room and given absolutely no choice but to sign an eight year service obligation for her apprenticeship. Later she learns that students that advance that far but refuse to continue get their magic burned out and usually die horribly.

Journeywoman (A Spell for Kia Book 4) by J. P. Larson. Kia age 18. Getting dumped sucks. Body snatching witches are bad.

In a world where sorceresses are exceedingly rare (less than two hundred in the kingdom, including students of apprentice rank and up) Kia is essentially kidnapped from her farming village at age twelve and imprisoned in the Northmere school of magic. All the other students are honored to be there and can't seem to understand why she's so upset. Even though her magic is pretty much useless, she has so much of it that there's no chance they will ever let her go.
This series is your standard "growing up in a magic boarding school" with a dash of grimdark. There are plenty of twists, turns, and sudden betrayals. Each book advances by about two years as she grows in power and skill and goes up in the ranks. Hopefully its not over (there are at least three more ranks, Adept, Magus, Senior Magus). I'm pretty sure J. P. Larson is also Robin Roseau.

catsfancy
Early Reader

Unread postby catsfancy » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:24 am

I'm reading "Lies My Teacher Told Me" about the real history of the United States. Which, of course makes me wonder about the history of the Gwen Farris universe's settlement of the Kingdom. Without the excuse of religion to steal the continent, how would they rationalize it?
Everything I read is at least viewed partly through a PS Power screen. What could he do with Dead Sea Scrolls? My mind boggles. :lol:

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:46 pm

God Hammer: A novel of the Demon Accords (9) by John Conroe

Look what just popped up!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”