Hello All,

Dale and I have been communicating about the recent problems with the Forum here at pspowerbooks.com. It has been decided to retire the Forum and move all author & conversational interactions over to Patreon.

Over the next week or so, I'll be closing down the Forum and creating redirects to start funneling visitors of the Forum over to that URL (the main website showing all the books will be staying).

Thank you everyone for your participation on the Forum these past several years! See you on Patreon!! :mrgreen:

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

p.s. Sorry about all of the coding errors. They reset nightly these days and I can't keep up with changing the code that often... :(

What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Visit the pub, or discuss other books..
David
Voracious Reader

Re: What to read while waiting for the next P.S. Power book

Unread postby David » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:29 pm

Yeah, I have the same complaint, April is hardly in it, and when she is its to dress up for dinner, or see the latest painting she bought. Or take Jeff on a date, or... eat breakfast. I miss the April that had to run, fight, and sneak around to save the day, like in the first book. I had that problem on the last few books, wondering why I should care about some guy being stuck on the mud ball, or... really any of what was going on.

The space ships aren't a new discovery, he just modified the designs of what was already there with the help of those builders, not by himself. The only real breakthrough on their ships was the gravity thing, and he didn't invent that, his stepmother did.

The business thing I count toward politics. The author is obviously very right wing, free enterprise, entrepreneurial spirt and all that. So yeah, I ignored those parts as best I could. April and Jeff both have way too many businesses run by other people. Really though, most of them they just invest in and hold ownership in, they don't actually do all of that stuff, they hire people to do it.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:15 pm

Well, considering the last little fleet book had April in it on the moon, I'd say forever is about right.

They have a lot to do... FTL, expansion into space, tons of stuff. Of course, it will take six hundred books or so at the pace of his writing.

Pyottl
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Pyottl » Wed Nov 02, 2016 4:24 pm

Well, the oldest series I'm still reading started in 1982 (Hodgell's Kencyrath, next book early 2017 I think), so I guess I can be patient. ;) Funnily enough Kirstein's Steerswoman (1989) and Weber's Honor (1993) all get new releases soon-ish, too, so I guess occasionally patience actually pays off ^^

Korwin
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Korwin » Mon Nov 14, 2016 5:47 am

Liked .
Thief gets his Soul extracted into an Gem. Gem is lost and turns into an dungeon core.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Mon Nov 14, 2016 1:06 pm

Michael Anderle just released #14 in the Kutherian Gambit series to end this arc
'Don't Cross This Line'

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Pyottl
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby Pyottl » Tue Nov 15, 2016 7:10 am

Dug around random new Kindle releases.

Dark Communion by CJ Perry. Short, dark fantasy type story; and when I say "dark" I mean "doom and gloom". It starts with the enslaved protagonist being raped. Then there's more rape, torture, public rape and execution, general violence, murder, betrayal, child-soldiers, hunger, poverty and who knows what else. It's basically some 100 pages of people suffering in all sorts of ways.
Still, it got a reasonably happy end. ^^

Dire:Born by Andrew Seiple. Three books so far, read the first two, and absolutely loved them. Starts with Dire waking up without any memory, but quickly realizing that she has operated on her own brain, removing her memories. Which is annoying, since now she doesn't remember why she has done that, on account of her self-inflicted amnesia.
Either way, she quickly finds refugee with a bunch of homeless people, and starts trying to figure out what the heck is going on. Unfortunately, before she can do so, she must survive a bunch of brutal street gangs ... luckily with the help of mad inventions (sometimes decorated with skulls), "dire" monologues, ominous predictions and the occasional insane laughter she manages to do so despite the fact that she can only talk about herself in 3rd person speech. Yepp, she's quite mad, and also rather obviously an evil, villainous inventor; quite possibly a sociopath. Except that she's out to good now: conquer the world to fix our rotten society. How admirable xD Seriously, I love her. Great character.

Fariidinus by LE Parr. I'm not sure what to make of this: it's about this fae-type of people. It reeks of this "special snowflake fae girl finds some cocky fae guy romance" thing ... but instead it's this rather brutal tale a tortured girl being the hope of a rotten society, or something. It's really difficult to describe; not very plot heavy, but mostly busy with the characters state of mind and emotions, and the author invented some really complex beings here - they don't just have stupid ears and fly around glittering or anything ;) Definitely not for everyone and I'm not sure I'd include myself or not but it managed to keep my attention, so I'll probably read another one in the series.

Shadelit
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Shadelit » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:04 pm

Could have sworn I posted this already but Way of the Shaman Book four, Phantom Castle is out!

Mark
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mark » Tue Dec 06, 2016 12:58 am

The next couple chapters of Melissa's Secrets are out for anyone who's been holding their breath the two years since the last chapter. At least they're the size of some books. . .
http://www.asstr.org/~Pookie/MelissaSec ... crets.html

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Off Topic”