Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Avery Rome: Book two...

New trilogy based in the Demonverse!
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Avery Rome: Book two...

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:47 am

The Rotted?

:)

She does do that nifty thing with the dead...

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:45 am

You got it, Dale! I think there's a little something going on there with the Rotted. Her crazy is, she loves too much.

Anyway, Craig and I posted your new release to all our friends and followers on Facebook (both of them). Won't impact this book since we specifically warned new readers off starting the PS Power universe with Dragon's Eye, but Marcia had to wisdom to recommend the Builder instead.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Nov 17, 2016 3:25 pm

I need to do a re-write on some things. :)

The first books, as I predicted years ago, seem poorly written to me now. (Yay, I think I've gotten a bit better at writing!)

I kind of cringe a little, when I look at the older works. Just a bit.

willallen
Avid Reader

Unread postby willallen » Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:28 pm

Dale, I know the feeling. I just finishing rereading the first two Walking in the Rain books and I cringed a little, too. I think we get to be better writers with practice, and good grief, you've had some practice. My own pet peeve with my first books involves the blatant overuse of qualifiers. Just say what you mean, damn it.

As for Builder, I did reread recently as well and I still found it very enjoyable, but Dragon's Eye was better writing. Or storytelling. You are a great natural storyteller (must have been a bard in a past life), but the characters in both of the Dragon books seemed to flow. I really enjoyed Out of the Woods, too, but in the end I had so much pity for poor Willum Baker. He has all these cool upgrades, but he's...well, you know. No spoilers. Hopefully his life changes for the better in later books.

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:24 am

So I just finished re-reading Avery 2, since the 3rd is coming out shortly, and I'm a bit confused about her sex situation. She's said over and over (and her train of thought backs it up) that she has no sex drive. People touching her in sexual places doesn't do any more for her than non-sexual places.
From the memories that Tarsus gave her, though, she finds out that she can get enjoyment from sex, so how does that work? Sex is a lot more than just insert tab A into slot B, after all, and not getting anything out of touching is kind of a problem for that, right?
If she does (or will when she gets around to it) get enjoyment from sex, is it not as intense as for regular people? Because, and I know this isn't going to come a shock to many people, sex is pretty goddamn fun, and I'd think that'd at least get her moving towards having a sex drive. After all, people enjoy doing fun things, and frequently want to do them more often. I'm a rock climber. While I don't enjoy it as much as sex, I do make a point to go out and do it at least a couple of times a month.

Another thing I was wondering about is Tarsus's library. For Avery they seem to be...well, people, I guess, that she can almost have conversations with (especially the Tarsus memory), but when the GDs get the library, it seems to be just information. Is that because of the way they are, the way she is, the line walker thing, my misunderstanding the situation either on the GD side or Avery side, or something else entirely?

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:18 pm

Well, the same way I'd imagine I enjoy the pleasure my friends have in my company, just doing normal stuff. Yeah, no sexual enjoyment, but she can still enjoy it on a different level, take joy in giving others joy? Plus, there is some enjoyment from holding hands outside of a sexual nature, she can enjoy that aspect of intimacy at least. Sucks for her maybe, but she can't miss what she never had.

Question two I can't talk about.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Avery Rome”