Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

I'm considering restarting Scales.

New trilogy based in the Demonverse!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PS Power
Site Admin

I'm considering restarting Scales.

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:57 am

35,000 words in to the thing. It read fine, actually. Well, even. It isn't a bad story or anything like that.

I just feel that it's too similar to other things I have written. That I need to push into different directions or else everyone will become bored. Which is totally fair. It's my job to find new directions. New ways to make things interesting and intense while telling a story that is novel.

I don't know however, since this may actually be linked to depression, or at the least total apathy. It's hard to tell if anything at all is interesting right now! :)

Not that it's an excuse. I'm just thinking that I need to keep working on getting better while I have the chance. (To work on nothing but writing like I have been.)

Glenn Cover
Intermediate Reader

Re: I'm considering restarting Scales.

Unread postby Glenn Cover » Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:09 am

I like the idea of a story/s for each race. After this one (3) on shifters, move on to mages or trillion. By the way, finish your Dragon shifter story!!! I collect t dragons. Glenn

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:49 am

I'm probably biased as I love pretty much everything you've published so far, and more of the same sounds perfectly fine to me... but I would be happy to read whatever you have written so far and give you my opinion if you think that would be helpful.

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:18 am

Of course they're similar, it's the same story line. We like that!

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Sun Jun 26, 2016 10:58 am

I'd have to agree. Other places is a rich and well defined world, with well defined magical societies, and we asked for another book in that world.

Sure, plot differences and all that, but the world, and the characters in it, should be consistent.

The only way to be completely original is to write about a whole new place, such as the art of being Tony. While I'm looking forward to stories like that, I'm definitely not done with other, alternate, ya, infected, etc...

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:00 pm

No kidding, all Dale's characters make me feel positively lazy. :D

Of course, a lazy protagonist would be boring. Whole chapters of eating junk food on the couch. Giving up on things. So maybe not a good idea to change.

Korwin
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Korwin » Mon Jun 27, 2016 11:58 pm

Lazy would be only boring, if the MC gets what he wants :D

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:18 am

I have the first ten thousand words (restarted today.)

The story is a bit darker. It doesn't take place in the mall :) (yes, the other one ended up there.) The main body of the thing will be a manhunt for a serial killer. With a very special team, brought in to aid the Federal Government find the group, or person, who's killing members of different "other" groups.

It starts out at battle camp. So is a bit different in location, if not world. It will be different enough that people should be able to pick it up without reading anything else first.

Also, Avery Rome (The Dragon Shifter.) is basically a traveling Gypsie/Amish Cult member who is horribly bigoted. Not because she's bad, just because of how she was raised. There is, of course, a redemption arc. In many ways she simply isn't like anyone else we've seen so far.

Hopefully it's enough, since I want to use some familiar characters in the story. Book two might be more familiar, but at least the first one will be different.

Mojo
Avid Reader

Unread postby Mojo » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:43 pm

Any predictions of when it will be available

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Avery Rome”