Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Cheat is up! Yay!

Discuss the books, the characters.. ect...
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Cheat is up! Yay!

Unread postby PS Power » Mon May 25, 2015 9:17 pm

Hey Kat!

It's part of a similar genre. There are other works like it out there. Though I have to write at least some stand alone books! I must attempt to be all things to all people after all... (Okay, I guess I don't, but what's the point of pushing yourself to be the best you can, if you only do it in a very narrow area of existence?)

Also, it's longer than most books. Seriously. Just because fantasy novels can run a half million words, that doesn't mean people always want that. (Or DO they? Dune did pretty well that way, though I tend to think of that as fantasy too, so... Yeah. Opinions? We should move this one over to a new thread I think. It touches on things that are at the very heart of writing, movies, video games and so on.)

Kat
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Kat » Thu May 28, 2015 3:11 pm

Hm, honestly, most people get a bit pale when they see over 200 000 words. Half a million makes a hardcover book so heavy your tiny little bookstore bag tends to rip if you try walking around with it for half an hour. That's two reasons why writing books that long is not the best idea ever, that and people do want to see results before they've forgotten what happened in the first half of the book because it usually takes them at least a month to read it.

I'm not a big science fiction expert, I know Honor Harrington, Star wars, Foundation and Dune plus a couple of those slums and aliens books that somehow merge into one fuzzy thing inside my head. So this really was the first time I've read this type of story. If anyone knows others like it maybe you could give me a few hints in that direction :D

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:15 pm

Sure, but most authors have real lives, too. Which isn't a bad thing at all. Eventually I'll pull back and only write six to ten books a year too.

Not this year, but you know, soon. Two, three years, tops?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Stand Alone Books”