Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Infected Arc 2

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
wrightl
Intermediate Reader

Infected Arc 2

Unread postby wrightl » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:19 pm

I loved the first arc of the infected, so naturally I'm wondering what/when the next one will be. The preferred answer here is ''something about mark or bridget/ tomorrow''. :)

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Re: Infected Arc 2

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:44 am

I'm thinking the arcs are villain based or driven. So we have arc 1, Devorah Timberland, completed. We'll need another super-villain (or villains) to inspire the second. Do we look to the current cast of baddies or will we find a see a new threat arise we haven't met yet? So many possibilities! Speculation is only limited to Dale' s imagination.

Actually, I was hoping Jake's inclusion in the story line would bring out more of Dale' s intent to wrap some of the realities together. Unless that is what the second arc is about/for. Maybe there will be a few books or novellas between arcs to let us peek into Jake and Mickey's meeting? Or Tesseract' s courting of Bridget? Or how about Brian's sex starved libido going ape-s#!t on all his secret admirers as an erotic novel for the Infected series? Penny's chapter? Hot damn! Don't look so surprised, - dirty old man, remember?

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:12 pm

It could be a lot of things.
1) Braid's War could have emboldened some of the more megalomaniacal infected into taking control. They already have France, so there's a starting point.
2) Alternate realities are now known, so there could be some bleed over.
3) Various world governments now have a legitimate reason to fear a lot of infected. There could be campaigns to assassinate the known category 8+ infected as they're near impossible to control. What do you do if Rigs, Impulse, or an unknown decide to break bad? I guess Rigs can be brought down if you an keep him from eating. Impulse is far too mobile, but maybe poison? Somehow get an explosive inside her? Can she be contained long enough to be suffocated or drowned?
4) Governments could accelerate their various super soldier programs. The ones we know about are all 3's ad 4's, but they have the genetic profiles of at least the IBP infected, most likely every infected that has ever been identified. It's just a matter of time before they build either the perfect weapon that can be controlled and the government goes aggressive or the subject can't be controlled and goes rogue.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Dec 21, 2014 1:54 pm

5) It could also be a much more personal thing. A thing important to the main character, that isn't world saving, or all that grand. Like how X-files in the first five seasons (or whatever it was) really had as it's driving force Fox trying to find his lost sister.

There was a lot that went on around that, but that was the real focus of the arc itself. That kind of thing.

All of these could be it, since I haven't even started on the idea yet. It will vary based on who the main character is and what part of their reality I want to show.

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:59 am

Touche.

As I said in the Young Ancients thread, there's a lot to be said for small-scope stories lines. Not everything has to be about saving the world.

It would be nice if you had a book about Lauren. The poor girl needs some love.

lenoirdenantes
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby lenoirdenantes » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:33 am

I agree that some of the less known characters could have a book that covers their background and then brings them into the mix of the others.
Also some new villains could evolve into a protagonist ... even someone from Keeley's reality would fill the bill.

LORD OF THE NEXUS
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby LORD OF THE NEXUS » Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:50 pm

I have not actually read war day yet but I have had something wondering for a while. I can't remember the name but the family from Hobbs world that can change,edit life, sounds like their abilities would fit surprisingly well into a "infection" that noone can understand or find a source for. Now I was thinking either randomly one of them decides to do this in the 60s or... , what if proxy or maybe braid took one of them back and created the infection to help achieve their goal? Plus braid reminds me of corde, I think there's a little more going on than is immediately obvious

You can't always choose who you let into your life, but you can choose which window to throw them out of! Duke

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”