Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Impulse Discussion-Possible Spoilers

The Infected, The Infected: Ripped to Shreds & The Infected: Mirror Man series.
John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Impulse Discussion-Possible Spoilers

Unread postby John Baughn » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:23 am

Thought I would get this started!

The explosion at the base and Ed and his sisters description of it as a Wester device just jumped out at me as a Westmorland rifting....

Anybody else notice that?

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Impulse Discussion-Possible Spoilers

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:31 am

I never know if I'm allowed to partake in such discussions or not!

:) It tends to end the discussions, so I won't here. There is an answer however...

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Jul 09, 2014 11:55 am

May I guess? Early on in the Infected series 1st book when Brian is recuperating, Dale had the male nurse reading an excerpt from the Pran book, just to see if we were paying attention. I'm not sure how many of us caught it. So, this may be another poke in the ribs. Or, it may be that the reality hopping Mary et al were doing, just happened across the the LAMENT' s universe. Or Mary's universe and the LAMENT' s are one and the same. The costuming and language are strikingly similar, but not the use of Eclampian energy so I offer the possibility of an alternate much like Hobb' s home world. Ok, so I didn't get specific, but I think in close somewhere in all that.

Love isn't blind-it's retarded. Charley Harper

In life, being dead, kind of means you lost. Tor

Don't drink the water, fish f**k in it. W. C. Fields
Hokonoso
Avid Reader

Unread postby Hokonoso » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:07 pm

Only thing in this book that confused me is how slow she flies. If she is a class 8 or whatever she should be faster than 100mph, the slowest of slow planes will be able to overtake her at those speeds!!! I know she is still learning her powers but flying should always be faster than running unless you are the Flash or something silly like that...

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Jul 09, 2014 12:15 pm

Um, now that I think about it, I could be wrong about the Eclampyan energy. If you consider that the stories only differ on perspective or time consideration, then Pran could be an Eclampyan as well, since she is able to manufacture the energy as well. The speculation is a lot of fun, though, so let's have everyone chime in before we ask Dale. Also, if anyone has an idea where Brian was on that missing day of his camping trip for survival training, chime in. Dale may be saving that for an upcoming chapter so I won't ask him. But I won't let it go either.

John Baughn
Voracious Reader

Unread postby John Baughn » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:11 pm

Well Gwen did transfer to the Westmorland dimension but it was only a consciousness transfer, and wasn't her brothers a swap as well but with the whole body?

TO DEFEND: THIS IS THE PACT.
BUT WHEN LIFE LOSES ITS VALUE,
AND IS TAKEN FOR NAUGHT--
THEN THE PACT IS, TO AVENGE.
---Taarna
David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Wed Jul 09, 2014 3:23 pm

Same multiverse perhaps, too many differences outside of similarities.

Ronald Dukarski
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Ronald Dukarski » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:15 pm

Hokonoso,my short term memory problems aside, I don't think Bridgie put an upper limit on her speed, only that she didn't feel safe at higher speeds, she was still learning. I could check, but I'm too lazy right now, I will later, and apologize later too.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:38 pm

That's right, Both Impulse and Prime fly fairly slowly. I did that on purpose, because the "Infection" isn't a thing that gives people powers. It reflects, and magnifies, their subconscious traits and desire at the time of inception.

If you understood what people were feeling and thinking at the time, the exact instant, they connected with the change agent, you;d see a clear pattern, but both Prime and Bridget were too young to really have well formed and concrete ideas, so copied things from their environment. Little Scott wanted to be the cartoon man he saw. Bridget wanted to be like the people that raised her, and has a combination of powerful traits...

Penny wanted to not be see or noticed in gym class, after an embarrassing moment.

Mark was days away from starting his new show, feared he wasn't ready and desperately wanted more time. This doesn't always lead to powers at that level, of course. There are even people that are infected that simply don't show signs of anything that anyone would think of as a power. For instance people that just don't get sick. Or ones that don't become fat.

Things like that. Only their first modes would give them away then, and really, a person that has severe anger issues doesn't have to be Infected, do they?

*We also don't know that Bridget is a class eight. She's a physical class seven, or so the IPB thinks... For her to be more, she'd have to be more than even she knows.

Korwin
Voracious Reader

Unread postby Korwin » Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:18 am

Well her engery powers do seem to be scary and she seems to be immune to the predictions and may even be an blank for Trivia...

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “World of The Infected”