Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Plot question about Pram's orphanage experience *spoilers*

An alternate world with rustic ways and bits of magic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Larry Zarus
Early Reader

Plot question about Pram's orphanage experience *spoilers*

Unread postby Larry Zarus » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:13 pm

First off, love this, and all your series. I think I've read them all at least twice. :)

Was re-reading without rhythm today, and was confused about Pram's sexual history. At the beginning of this book, she expresses concerns over becoming a whore, mainly because she doesn't know what to do for that. In fact, she talks about never having done any experimenting, and the closest she came to anything of this nature, is Ben stealing a kiss. Fast forward to Off Center, and she describes the hellish existence of the "orphanage."

Maybe I'm missing something, or she blocked that out, but this kept begging me. Sorry if it's been talked about before.

Still would read more in this series, or any other you care to put out. So, you know, not just posting to nit-pick.

David
Voracious Reader

Re: Plot question about Pram's orphanage experience *spoiler

Unread postby David » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:32 pm

She is pretty much a nut bag. She can also selectively lie and get away with it simply by telling herself it's true. At least, that was my impression.

Added to that, I wouldn't necessarily count assault as experience on knowing what to do between two consenting people.

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Plot question about Pram's orphanage experience *spoiler

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:16 pm

David is echoing my thoughts on that one. It will play a part in the next book, I think. Not a major one, but enough that it becomes clear (as mentioned briefly in book two) that she simply isn't counting that. A lot of sexual abuse and assault victims don't, so it was added in as a nod to reality. I know, I'm probably crossing societal boundaries with that, but the books are written for people in the here and now, even if attempting to describe a future timeline.

*I think I have that one covered, but I can' also see how a person would see it otherwise too. It doesn't hurt to mention that kind of thing, especial when I get another book that I can recon that a bit and tweak the information to really make certain my intended point is clear.

**I was actually thinking about that one the other day, along with some other Pran's World points, in preparation for the next book in that series.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “The Lament”