Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

The Lament Trilogy?

An alternate world with rustic ways and bits of magic
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

The Lament Trilogy?

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:44 pm

Finished reading "Off Center" a few days ago and found out that the Lament series is meant to be a Trilogy...

Have to admit I'm a bit shocked as there seems to be so much potential for the characters to go above and beyond three books.

Pran is a wonderfully complex character and is one of my favorites due to the variety of the talents she is attempting - despite
the ongoing thinking that she isn't doing well at any of it. I'm sure that there will be fairly good resolution for the current story
arc at the end of the third book, but is there any possibility of another series based off of the Lament? Sort of a springboard into
a whole other series that covers another significant arc of Pran's life?

I sure hope so! :D

Brent

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
P. S. Power
Early Reader

Re: The Lament Trilogy?

Unread postby P. S. Power » Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:53 am

While that isn't impossible at all, that isn't the current plan. I've been working pretty hard to make certain that the stories don't over reach into being boring, based on the fact that everything in that world has been explored.

Then again, it's worth lobbying for, since I've written at least two books now that I hadn't planned on, just because a few (dozen) people asked for them. I very rarely end a series in a way that means there is no future potential. Even then, there is always a way, if the need arises.

jjmcafee
Avid Reader

Unread postby jjmcafee » Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:28 pm

Happy to hear that. I would hate to see this all get resolved in one more episode. I would very much enjoy a book where Pran is actually a bard, and perhaps a spy, secret agent, etc. From the first two books, I can't believe that she would be content to be just one of anything, and there certainly seems to be enough complexity to the world set that other options would be available. She appears to be the Da Vinci of her world - capable of being anything she desires.

Never try to out stubborn a cat. Robert Heinlein
ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:49 pm

I think I would just love an instance where Pran is able to do "the walk" correctly. ;-)

Looking forward to the third installment regardless! :D

. Here I am trying to live, or rather, I am trying to teach the death within me how to live. ~ Jean Cocteau
twips182
Voracious Reader

Unread postby twips182 » Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:40 am

Just finished the second book in this series and liked it. This series may have moved up to my 3rd favorite behind YA and Dead End.

The road goes on forever and the party never ends.

Robert Earl Keen 1989
PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:37 pm

I'm planning to start work on the third book in this series soon.

I have a rough outline for it already, so it's just a matter of getting the time I need to do the work.

ArgyrosfeniX
Site Admin

Unread postby ArgyrosfeniX » Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:35 pm

daniel1948
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby daniel1948 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 9:19 am

Very glad to hear there's another Pran book coming. Thanks!

MarciaA
Global Mod

Unread postby MarciaA » Thu Jul 03, 2014 11:54 am

I need to re-read the first 2 books before the next one is out!! :o

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “The Lament”