Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Road Blocks, ch. 10

Line Walker, demons, vampires, shapeshifters...
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
DitN
Intermediate Reader

Road Blocks, ch. 10

Unread postby DitN » Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:45 pm

I was just rereading Road Blocks, chapter 10. In it, Zack delivered a crate of medicine to a tropical village full of sick and half-dead people. The illness is then described as hemorrhagic decease; contagious through bodily fluids.

Eerily prophetic.

On a lighter note -- a funny earlier reference to a well-known but rather dry science fiction novel.

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Road Blocks, ch. 10

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:08 pm

:) There have been no known major (or minor?) outbreaks of Hemorrhagic fevers in South America. So far so good that way! All of them so far are communicated through bodily fluids, so that one isn't that hard to see.

It really isn't that prophetic. Not that one.

Have read The Lament series? The basic premise is a reworking of Dune. Yes, it's very, very different, but that was the initial idea. (The Dune series even had air ships...)

Walk Without Rhythm, and you won't attract the worm.

PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Road Blocks, ch. 10

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:38 pm

Don't we all need a little spice in life?

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Other Places”