Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Zack- Can't wait to read the next one!

Line Walker, demons, vampires, shapeshifters...
PS Power
Site Admin

Re: Zack- Can't wait to read the next one!

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Dec 10, 2013 8:01 pm

Hmmm... This is tentative, but I've been reworking the ideas for Other Places and Keeley Thomson in the last few days...

And might be doing Other Places next. As in, next month? (Not the one I'm writing now, mind, which will COME out next month, but what I work on then, so for February?)

Not guaranteed yet, since we also have the Interactive tale to work on, and I need to start at least one new series in the next three months. Then again, I can just stop being all lazy and actually do the needed work...

:)

CRMorris
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby CRMorris » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:23 pm

That would be awesome! As long as the reworking involves more books for Zack and company. I like Zack as the "driver"...although this might be difficult seeing as he still does not own a vehicle.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Jan 09, 2014 1:20 am

The universe is the same, but you can read the books separately and still understand what's going on, from a specific perspective. This can be hard to convey to people normally, so the books were separated.

Friendzoned is clearly a stand alone book, based on the idea that a person picking it up, without knowing anything about the other books, can read it and understand what's going on. The conceit is that a person without that previous data will read a different story than one that has it. It's main readers are, as you'd guess, Keeley readers. Occasionally though I get word of someone reading it that doesn't know the whole thing, who get's a bit of a surprise after catching up on all of it.

The reasons for the first one, separate series, is completely meta. It's used to categorize the things for best readership. (As in the highest number of readers possible.)

The second is mainly about experimentation.

Is it an attempt to be "clever"? Yep. Does it work that way? For most people, once they understand the idea. Does everyone get it? Nope. That's fine though. Different people like things, as they should. Sometimes even when people like me are a bit pretentious in what they try to do.

Morningstar
Early Reader

Unread postby Morningstar » Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:30 am

I really enjoyed Reading Other Places, one of my favourite series. I hope there might be more to come from Zack and the others. I know Keeley is still ongoing, but I do hope for more Zack. Maybe even other Greater Demon books.

"Something unknown is doing we don't know what." - Sir Arthur Eddington

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Other Places”