Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Gwen Farris: Book Seven, To End All Wars... Publishing now!!!

A new world, With Magical abilities, Gwen gets a new life!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
PS Power
Site Admin

Gwen Farris: Book Seven, To End All Wars... Publishing now!!!

Unread postby PS Power » Thu Mar 02, 2017 2:49 am

I'll try to get a link to it here for you all. I might fall asleep first. :)

I've been so tired the last few days.

(I went off caffeine...)

I hope everyone enjoys the new book. I put it up at .99 cents, so that anyone wanting to read it that might be short on funds can get it. (If you can't afford that, send me an email and I can send a copy out for you! That always stands.)

Thanks everyone. I'll link below as soon as possible (In this post)

Here:

willallen1
Intermediate Reader

Re: Gwen Farris: Book Seven, To End All Wars... Publishing now!!!

Unread postby willallen1 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:22 pm

I went back and re-read. I think this is just about my favorite series right now. Love the new side of Gwen we are finally starting to see emerge. Still a hard charger, but more thoughtful. I want more!!!

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Sep 30, 2017 6:45 am

The Gwen Farris Adventures are, naturally, over.

Now the Gwen Harrison Journey is just beginning. (Possibly.)

Sgward
Early Reader

Unread postby Sgward » Fri Jul 16, 2021 7:44 am

I am a new reader of the Glen Farris books. Not too deep but a good read. There is an error, however, i wish to bring to your attention. Perhaps it’s an evolved definition? The “swear word” sucks has been used numerous times. The main character apologizes, defines it in the book as meaning oral sex. Perhaps it has evolved to that definition, but consider, please; how would that definition translate to something really, really bad, regardless of gender? The origin of the word, as far as Ive always heard (I must be a generation or so older than the author), this came into use from battlefield triage. You may be walking, talking and somewhat ambulatory BUT have a “sucking” wound, then, no materials, time or effort was to b expended on saving you - you were walking dead. So, it reaaaaalllly sucked!! Persons with sucking chest wounds have been known to save friends, however, the person with such a wound was not treated, and in a battlefield situation, died. In todays battlefield it is still often the case. Especially if it is on-going military activities with limited or delayed evacuation.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:40 pm

Easy enough. Gwen doesn't know that, and the people of her new world have magical energy weapons, instead of firearms, or more likely, shrapnel throwing bombs.

This kind of come up in the second or third book.

Also, it's a different reality, so while some terms are similar, they don't always mean the same thing. (Many do, of course.)

*Note: Sucking chest wounds aren't great. Use thick plastic or an air tight covering over it, to help the person to breathe.

Clearly, get them medical help as soon as possible.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Gwen Farris”