Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Friends and Enemies discussion

A new world, With Magical abilities, Gwen gets a new life!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RyanM
Voracious Reader

Friends and Enemies discussion

Unread postby RyanM » Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:26 am

Poor Gwen.

The poor girl needs something positive to happen in her personal life. At the very least, get the girl some nachos. A love interest that actually sticks would be good too. At least she would be less likely to pine for home. How could you want to go home when you have friends, a significant other, and nachos?

Gwen will have to rebuild her stamina and lost muscle mass while she's taking up her duties as Queen's Guard. Why do I get the feeling a certain female monarch (and perhaps male too) will be conscripted into her daily routine? The rationale is even easy and obvious too: The best way to guard someone is to make them a poor target. A person that can defend themselves is a poor target. I hope to see the Queen's reaction to Gwen's workout attire and expectation to not be lazy -- come to think of it, Ferdinand's reaction could be interesting as well. Perhaps some exposure to the Westmorlands in a less-than-official capacity will help wipe away her distaste for them.

Does that world have the concept of god parents or something similar? I could see Christophe selecting Gwen for such a title.

Could Beth and her husband (I forget his name) adopt? I guess it could be a very young Westmorland to give them something resembling a normal home life while getting the training they need.

James and Ella's children, at least the eldest, should be coming into their own soon enough. It would be interesting to see what their plans for the world will be.

willallen
Avid Reader

Re: Friends and Enemies discussion

Unread postby willallen » Mon May 04, 2015 5:51 pm

On my third reading, I realized "Friends and Enemies" really opens up the world for Gwen. I can't wait to see what happens next.

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Tue May 05, 2015 10:07 am

She can certainly step away from the "saving the world" issues and have some adventures that are smaller in scope. Personally, I find such stories far more interesting as the protagonist can't use their big hammer to solve all the problems.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Fri Aug 12, 2016 9:09 am

Edit: That last bit would be taken the wrong way. Sorry about that.

Fixed now. Gone away so as to not bother anyone.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Gwen Farris”