Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Troy Lopez

Trilogy based in the Demonverse, but not part of the Multiverse's greater Arc. Pseudonym of Phillip S. Power.
PS Power
Site Admin

Troy Lopez

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:52 pm

I've been thinking about doing a Troy stand alone book for a while...

Vampire Troy. If I'm going to do that, I need to do it soon. The grand arc ending is probably going to have effects on all of this reality. (Um, the book reality, not the one we are in. We get to deal with other things.)

Thoughts? Anyone care at all?

Other than that I'm planning tie-up novels for anything that is ongoing, and new pen name world book projects. That will take up the book writing for the rest of the year.

EXCITING new books coming however. Just mind blowing things. Definitely a good thing...

David
Voracious Reader

Re: Troy Lopez

Unread postby David » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:22 pm

yes, Troy books sound good, but I'd read anything you write anyway...

Is Avery three still coming?

I can only assume you stalled on Avery a second time, since a Gwen book is coming?

Not a complaint, just wondering what's cooking so to speak.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:07 pm

Yes. Avery is coming. Yes, I got bored with the story, so decided to change it again. :) (I do this every six to eight books, so far. It doesn't mean that the series is stopping.)

Right now, it's going to be finishing Gwen... Then I'm going to write three books in a new series universe. I have totally not picked what yet. The plan is to have three books in thirty days. This will be the first of the new pen name books.

DAAgnew
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby DAAgnew » Sun Feb 19, 2017 11:35 pm

That would be cool, even before the Eve story and training, I had thoughts of Troy being freed from the Mindstealer and being the first vampire to wake up after the turning going "peace dude, lets have a snack and chill a bit"

qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:49 am

Vampire Troy would be interesting. Would read. (Not that I wouldn't read anything you publish anyway...)

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Feb 28, 2017 4:03 am

The idea is a little predictable right now. Vampire Cop...

Cool Vampire Cop, but still...

It needs something else to make it sing.

Something different...

RyanM
Voracious Reader

Unread postby RyanM » Tue Feb 28, 2017 9:51 am

He needs a partner. But a true human? Another non-human? Something that has always irked me about the urban fantasy/paranormal genre is how rarely regular people interact with the supernatural in a positive, non-romantic manner.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:39 pm

I might work out something a bit different than the ordinary "cop show" for this. I mean, if I were going to be given a superhuman on my police force, would I assume that the best use of his time and talents would be as a beat cop?

By that same token, making him a Detective would require training and have a lot of the same problems. (Mainly the fear of the public being great enough to be an issue at first.)

I definitely put him on the SWAT or CERT and probably create a special unit so that he could role out as backup for anything particularly dangerous or involving suspected supernatural activity...

As for a partner... I agree with the non-romantic portion of things. Given the story I have in mind he won't be paired with the one Shifter on the force or anything like that, either. (Because that's a bit too... Already done, even if it hasn't been.)

Maybe pair him with Fox Moulder? You know, the skinny guy that means well and is smart enough, but seems to everyone else to be a bit gullible, thinking he knows things that others don't. Except that part of the time, he manages to really have at least half a clue?

Now, this person could be a female. That would be fine. Especially if whoever they realize that their part in things isn't to be the hero directly, but is instead there to help their partner deal with the more dangerous conditions?

I'll think about it? Maybe... I possibly have an idea?

I don't want to force into play "multicultural" characters for the sake of not being white, or not being male... At the same time, I'd love the characters to actually have, well, character.

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:57 pm

I would totally read that book. I WILL totally read that book. Who doesn't like Troy? Somebody other than me, that's who.

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 8:33 pm

On the topic of Troy, after going through Eve's training regimen, when he turned was he a baby Greater Vampire too? I mean, Eve's whole thing was the fasting and meditation and mental discipline that she was planning for her classes, right? We know that Troy took like 6 months to stay up all night, so he might not have been quite as good with the discipline involved, but still, the same basic skills are there from his pre-turn life. What actually makes a Greater Vampire? I think it was one of the Tyler books where Ginger got told that she should be trying to follow in Eve's footsteps with the Demon magic, so it appears that other people CAN go that route.
And is Eve the start of a new type of Vampire like the Classics, Manthori, New, etc.? As in, will she "breed" true? Bey and Maggie were talking about her levitation thing being something that will pass down to her turns, but that doesn't make you a whole new type of Vampire. All the Demon stuff would if it passes along, though, I'd think.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Lopez Time”