Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Troy Lopez

Trilogy based in the Demonverse, but not part of the Multiverse's greater Arc. Pseudonym of Phillip S. Power.
David
Voracious Reader

Re: Troy Lopez

Unread postby David » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:08 am

Master. Master vampire.

I think the only thing that makes a vampire a master is they can control the thirst, and tolerate the pain of staying awake in daylight.

That's all. I think that's spelled out in the Eve books, the whole master vampire training thing.

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:21 pm

What made her greater was her will to attain it, plus a lot of guidance from her greater demon friends. She unlocked the ability to do demon type magics, and even maximized vampire magic like healing and telekineses through practice, focus, and assimilating more than the usual amount of blood links.

Not sure about Troy, all that was alluded to in other books was that he was already a master level vampire. As far as extra skills or training from being best friends with Zack, sleeping with the rotted, and of course Eve herself, not to mention the librarian (who used to own him), Darla, and Keeley, I imagine we'll have to wait and see for his story and his books, if Dale writes them. I don't recall anything out of the ordinary outside of Eve training him to be a master in a short time, something she's done for a lot of young vampires. I don't believe he's a line walker either, just his alternate self is... I think. Unless I missed something or forgot?

Eve is awesome, not sure if Troy can live up to that... LOL. Point being, he certainly has a lot of greater demons in his life to help him along, if he's smart enough and driven enough to do it.

Still, that's a good thing, he needs to be a mostly normal vampire when his story starts, so he has room to grow.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:19 am

Greater Vampire IS in the books. (It does mean what was said above, about Eve... At least the way I used it.)

Troy was enslaved to Finias, the Mind Taker. Not Tarsus the Librarian... (Tarsus is busy doing other things, in the current work...)

Ther are several new "master Vampires" that Eve and Ginger have taught, with far fewer brand new Vampires quickly reaching that state, due to training. We're at about five now, I think?

Troy IS line walker, but is off scene, doing things right now. Setting up for his own book...

He's not Eve, however. He's Troy. Powerful, but not pushing into realms that would drive any Greater Demons to distraction in particular. :)

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:14 pm

All right! Info straight from the source! OK, so Eve's training classes make for a master, obviously, but they don't make for a Greater Vampire? That's what I'm taking from what you said, anyway. That just leaves the question of if whether someone Eve turns will be Greater Vampires (or even have the potential to be, if they eat their Wheaties and grow big and strong)...is she the beginning of a new brand of Vampire, or is she a one-off?

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:32 pm

Right now, she is a special (one off) type of person.

Three (Edit: There) is an issue with power creep over time, that I'm making an effort to fight. Imperfectly, I fear...

OBRIB01
Intermediate Reader

Unread postby OBRIB01 » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:19 pm

Thanks for the info, I've wondered about how Eve being what/how she is works.

PS Power
Site Admin

Unread postby PS Power » Tue Aug 15, 2017 3:33 am

Okay, so I am losing to "power creep" for Troy... (I'm nearly finished with book two. Book three will take about ten days, then I have to edit them all... Publishing date set for Mid-September, so far. September 2017)

David
Voracious Reader

Unread postby David » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:02 am

Looking forward to it!

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Lopez Time”