Hello,

We've had a recent spat of Russian spambots to our little website. It added several dozen spam accounts to the site and caused all kinds of wonderful havoc. Because of this, we're shutting down the Registration for the website for a while to stop the bots from doing what they're been doing. I also deleted a LOT of accounts that I believed to be part of the tsunami. If I inadvertently deleted your account, please forgive me and contact me to let me know. We'll get you back onsite asap.

Best wishes everyone!

Brent / Argy / ArgyrosfeniX

Troy Lopez

Trilogy based in the Demonverse, but not part of the Multiverse's greater Arc. Pseudonym of Phillip S. Power.
qHnED7SnYgQs
Voracious Reader

Re: Troy Lopez

Unread postby qHnED7SnYgQs » Tue Aug 15, 2017 7:31 am

Can't wait.

As for "power creep", you should try your hand at a chinese style "cultivation" novel / series. Power creep and some form of cheat like ability that makes the MC grow at some ridiculous rate is basically a fundamentally required trope for that, but whenever you've trampled everyone in the world into the ground, you can just let your MC ascend to the next higher plane of existence, where the poor guy starts at the bottom again.

David
Voracious Reader

Re: Troy Lopez

Unread postby David » Tue Aug 15, 2017 8:33 am

Power creep is almost required in that world in my opinion. With greater demons, other powerful beings, and a whole bunch of scary stuff running around it's almost a given need. Otherwise the protagonist would be too weak to meet the challenges of that world.

Plus, I like when your characters grow up to be big and strong. LOL.

Power creep isn't a bad thing, not when the enemy is powerful enough to meet that power, or there's a greater demon around to take them down a peg or two. I think some people confuse that, the problem comes in when the character is so strong they don't get challenged, and things come too easy. That's a statement that will never apply to your characters, all of them struggle and suffer in some way or another, and that's good reading.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1236: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Lopez Time”